LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mille Miglia wheels look like HSV wheels

I have been looking at the Mille Miglia EV-S wheels in a 18X8 and they are hubcentric and in a 45mm offset. They look real similar to the HSV VY R8 Series I wheels. I attached photos of the two. Let me get some feedback from the crowd!

Doc

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
Those are Mille Miglias, not ASAs, and they are very good wheels. I've had them on two of my cars. They are slightly heavy as they are LP Cast (around 30lbs).

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
anmracing said:
That second wheel looks really sharp. How much are those bad boys?!?!
$225 each from TireRack

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Yea, they are rather heavy... Over 30lbs I do believe. Even more pigish than the stockers.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GTOdriver7 said:
the second picture is a mille miglia rim. they look good

You're right! There are Mille Miglia wheels. The other company that sells wheels for the goat is ASA so I got them confused. Yes, they are 3 pounds more so I want to find a tire that is a little lighter to make up some of the difference. Worse case scenario I give the car more power and I don't worry about a few more pounds!

Doc

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I love these wheels, I have them on my Viggen. But yes they are really heavy. But they are really strong rims. I love 'em.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ASA vs Mille Miglia

The Mille Miglia is a sharp looking wheel but quite heavy. By comparison, the ASA ST4's offered by Tire Rack weigh in at about 24 lbs. More like it. These are stronger wheels also (LP cast vs gravity). I am still holding out for really strong/light forged wheels. Any good suggestions?

·
MAX-M6/LS1
223 Posts
They Don't Look All That Much Different Then The Wheels That Come On The
Gto, Same Silver /gray Finish And Big Wide Spokes, Aren't There Any Chrome Corvette Looking Wheels Out There That Will Really Set The Car Off. I Can't See Dropping A Grand On Wheels That Look Just About Like What You Started With Except For Some Minor Changes.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
04 LS1-MAN said:
They Don't Look All That Much Different Then The Wheels That Come On The
Gto, Same Silver /gray Finish And Big Wide Spokes, Aren't There Any Chrome Corvette Looking Wheels Out There That Will Really Set The Car Off. I Can't See Dropping A Grand On Wheels That Look Just About Like What You Started With Except For Some Minor Changes.
You're right. I have found another set of wheels that I like.

Also, 04-LS1-Man, clean out you PM box. It is too full for me to send any more PMs!

Doc

1 - 11 of 11 Posts