LS1GTO.com Forums banner

At what mileage range did your factory oil pump fail?

• 50,000-75,000 miles

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 75,001-100,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 100,001-125,000 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's still on my car

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Army Acquisition Corp Officer
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am the original owner of a 2006 Quicksilver M6 GTO with the Monaro front-fascia/badging conversion, full external bolt-ons/suspension, and black CCW 505As. I have about 97,000 miles on the odometer. Once my oil pump fails, I plan on upgrading the engine with a TSP LS3 heads/cam package. Therefore, I want a good estimate of when my oil pump will fail. Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Powdercoat all of it
188 Posts
Mine went to 160k miles, I replaced it with a Melling while I was in there. I don't think you're going to find many factory failures at even 125k miles. Sure, it happens, but it's not exactly expected.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO SRM 104k
29 Posts
I personally think it's all about maintenance. My car has had 7 owners and it still runs like a champ. Bought it at 102k.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO SRM 104k
29 Posts
Thing is I don't know what's done to it. I was neck and neck with a 420 wheel hp Evo 9 on the highway. And we did 3 pulls

·
Registered
148 Posts
Food for thought, don't expect more oil pressure with a new set up. My old, tired, stock LS2 had more oil pressure than my new TSP engine with a high pressure Melling pump.
Hubert's right, the pump should outlast the rest of the components.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,132 Posts
166k miles and it's on the original oil pump, water pump, and alternator. Did notice a power steering pump leak tonight...

·
Clean is good...
2,468 Posts
Not sure why you want to wait until your oil pump fails to mod.

It will probably last the life of the engine.
Lol, yes indeed since when it goes so will the life of the engine!

·
Registered
36 Posts
You may be waiting a while for that rebuild. My original pump is still working @ 213K miles.

Reactions: toggles
1 - 15 of 15 Posts