LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many guys in Atlanta have shifters to install? Mine's been sitting in the living room for two months now. Anyone wanna have an install party?

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
Mine's sitting on a shelf, sort of like my clutch. I'm installing it while I have my tranny out though.

If I was you, I would take my car in and complain about the transmission first. Somethiing si deffinitely not right and I don't think a shifter will fix it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just ordered mine through that JHP special a couple days ago.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
let me know i might can get one.... ive been wanting to add a ripper to mine...

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
6SPDGTO said:
Mine's sitting on a shelf, sort of like my clutch. I'm installing it while I have my tranny out though.

If I was you, I would take my car in and complain about the transmission first. Somethiing si deffinitely not right and I don't think a shifter will fix it.
Already have. Tranny was given a clean bill of health and I think it's fine too. I'm sure my shifting style causes the noise.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
JHamilton said:
Already have. Tranny was given a clean bill of health and I think it's fine too. I'm sure my shifting style causes the noise.
no it doesn't....take it to another dealer. I've driven that car on the street and shifted it on a dyno...something is just not right. Not sure what, but it's not the shifter. I've driven a few other manual GTOs and none of them have shifter like yours. It clashes going into gear like a synchro is shot.

·
Oh it's Friday night
5,658 Posts
I have had mine for a couple of months and I really need to get it installed. I am up for an install party !

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
6SPDGTO said:
no it doesn't....take it to another dealer. I've driven that car on the street and shifted it on a dyno...something is just not right. Not sure what, but it's not the shifter. I've driven a few other manual GTOs and none of them have shifter like yours. It clashes going into gear like a synchro is shot.
I think it's your limp wristed shifting style. :stickpoke

The noise I am sure is caused by me because I can make your car do it. I've never had an issue with it not being able to go into to gear. I will admit it feels notchier (is that a word?) than yours. Then again, your car shifts completely different than John's. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow and I will have another tech drive the car with me in it.

John, will you take my car for a spin tonite and let me know how it compares to yours?

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
JHamilton said:

The noise I am sure is caused by me because I can make your car do it. I've never had an issue with it not being able to go into to gear. I will admit it feels notchier (is that a word?) than yours. Then again, your car shifts completely different than John's. It's going back to the dealer tomorrow and I will have another tech drive the car with me in it.

John, will you take my car for a spin tonite and let me know how it compares to yours?
Well if you are taking the car back to Biteyourdickinhalf for service... Adam, the guy that was the main GTO tech is no longer there and hasn't been for a few weeks. Don't expect them to know how to work on anything. I hate to say it but I'd probably take it to Lou Sobh.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
JHamilton said:

tonight? ok. do we have plans to meet some where or just anywhere?

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
uh, I'm going to be at dave's house I think in Monroe.

I'll be at John's Saturday night.

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6SPDGTO said:
Well if you are taking the car back to Biteyourdickinhalf for service... Adam, the guy that was the main GTO tech is no longer there and hasn't been for a few weeks. Don't expect them to know how to work on anything. I hate to say it but I'd probably take it to Lou Sobh.
Ugh....your probably right. I think I'd rather give Steve Raymond a shot before Sobh. You know my feelings about Baranco, so it ain't going there.

And for everyone's information, Bickerstaff Pontiac (formerly Kelley) has been taking very good care of me and my brake issue.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I couldnt possibly do any business at Sobh, those guys are theives.

Thats good to know Josh, is it all new management with same Service people? or are there some new faces?

·
Registered Abuser
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The management staff appears to be the same. This is the second time Ginny has been my service manager and she is pretty good. If you ask her a question she doesn't know she will go get the tech to let you talk directly to him.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
monaro_gto said:
well just ordered my shifter. Its a 7 to 14 day delivery though so doubtfull I will have it before the cruise.
Ah, you bastage! I'm going to have to make time on my shed-ule to help I guess?:fawkdance You can help me with the clutch and shifter on mine:)

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
You've gotta get that e-brake fixed first though. Don't want that thing rolling with me under it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
6SPDGTO said:

If you're talking about those ignorant fooks at Bickerstaff on 141, I just made a big mistake and took my car there.

They're great at ordering parts, but they're awful at telling you something's been done/completed/fixed when they haven't done any work on it.

I take it that there's really no dealership in the area worth a crap? :bomb:

Wonderful...this sounds like it's going to go as well as my last dealership experience with my Firebird. :barf:

On topic:
I'm thinking about getting a shifter, but am going long tubes very shortly. Shifter will probably be my next bolt-on after that. I'd love to help with the install party, if there is one.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts