LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was crusing thru downtown minneapolis , 9pm or so, and NOT minding my own business :gr_jest: . Lots of fine rides there, a z06, a new boxter..nothing new. I pulled to a light and heard some people on the sidewalk cafe/bar say " Oh , a GTO and a Audi s4..This will be good". so i look over and theres an s4, never seen one , but the badges said it all. We worked thru traffic for a few more lights, and i ended up behind him. I have to tell ya i was intimidated by the looks. Looked Modded, but not sure. Close to 3" duals , aluminum suspension ect. It looked very tough. Next light i got beside him, we nodded and it was on. Ran him to redline in 2nd, and we had to slow for the next lights. To my suprise, i beat him . :) Pulled to a half car length on him in that short run. He quickly turned at the light so i was not able to gloat :barf: . Sure was a sweet sound , our cars wound up with the noise echoing between the high rises :) :) :) . Looked on the net, says that car has a 340hp v8! I felt even better after reading those numbers.

Anone else tangle with one of these yet?

·
BORN IN BKLYN NOW IN MN
248 Posts
I played around with one on hwy 494 in south st paul a few months back. It was modded (exhaust). I would pull on him slightly and had to slow down for traffic. Very nice looking car, and quick. I was surprised by the power. :secret:

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to see another local GTO! I was also suprised.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Unless it was some new S4, most of them have a twin turbo 2.7 V6 and are AWD. I got to drive a Audi RS6 around the block to the detailers back when I was wet behind the ears starting out at audi in australia. RS6 was a S4 wagon with cosworth modified 2.7 biturbo more boost, hauled ass.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Nice kill.

Doc

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
You would take an S4...The RS6 though would give you a whoopin. Those cars haul butt...I raced one on my old zx6r (2000) and although obviously wasnt faster, it impressed me.

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
The newer S4 is also AWD. The big difference is the 2.7 V6 twin turbo (250hp) vs the 4.2 V8 (340hp). You can easily tell the difference between them as they are based on different body platforms. The RS6 is an A6/S6 platform sedan (sedan in the US anyway) with 450 HP AWD and $85,000 sticker. :) I would love to have an Audi S4, I know it might not be as fast as a GTO but I wouldn't have needed a second car for winter, just a set of snow tires. I was very impressed with Audi after owning an A4. Just don't have the money for most of their cars.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
I have seen a few at the track running mid 11's ......very nice cars

·
Moving Forward
2,163 Posts
Dbluegoat said:
I have seen a few at the track running mid 11's ......very nice cars
Yeah the S4 is an awesome all around car. You have luxury, power, 4 doors and AWD. Too bad its VW quality on the build. In general they are poor in the reliability department. Although when it comes to VW cars the AUDI brand is by far better. I guess they take a second look at all the Audi models to make sure they are put together correctly. Funny 2 people at my work bought brand new passats. Both had numerous problems and both had tranny replacements. I'll wait for the 07 GTO with the possibility of AWD. At some point GM will put AWD in their car lines, because everyone seems to be going that way.

·
12 Second Club
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont know which it was, but it was wide and very mean looking from behind.
It had duals, one on each side. He ran off so fast i didnt get a second look.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
S4 is a sweet car, nice kill.

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
I'm a big fan of S4's...very awesome cars.

Nice run, I figure you'd win, but I'm surprised he didn't get you out of the hole, must not have revved and dumped the clutch, otherwise he would've squirted out ahead, if only temporarily.

I don't think the new S4's are as distinguishable from the A4's as the old ones were, but maybe that's JMO.

vs.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
In September's Sport Compact Car, they had an article about a modded silver S4. The owner wanted an RS4 but of course they don't have those in the US so they switched out the turbos (stock K03, can't remember the manuf) to K04s and tuned it to push 440hp at the crank. Single side exhaust, and slightly modded front fascia and hood, but not all that distinguishable from a stock S4 or even A4 for that matter.

And the reason for the upgrade? The guy blew a turbo while spending an evening trying to pick off a Z06.

·
Resident Douche M3 Driver
1,597 Posts
Nice kill, those S4's are sweet cars.

·
Goatman
228 Posts
TSpeed said:
I was crusing thru downtown minneapolis , 9pm or so, and NOT minding my own business :gr_jest: . Lots of fine rides there, a z06, a new boxter..nothing new. I pulled to a light and heard some people on the sidewalk cafe/bar say " Oh , a GTO and a Audi s4..This will be good". so i look over and theres an s4, never seen one , but the badges said it all. We worked thru traffic for a few more lights, and i ended up behind him. I have to tell ya i was intimidated by the looks. Looked Modded, but not sure. Close to 3" duals , aluminum suspension ect. It looked very tough. Next light i got beside him, we nodded and it was on. Ran him to redline in 2nd, and we had to slow for the next lights. To my suprise, i beat him . :) Pulled to a half car length on him in that short run. He quickly turned at the light so i was not able to gloat :barf: . Sure was a sweet sound , our cars wound up with the noise echoing between the high rises :) :) :) . Looked on the net, says that car has a 340hp v8! I felt even better after reading those numbers.

Anone else tangle with one of these yet?
This is hilarious. I ran in to my first S4 last night too (about 9 or 10 PM). I also won! It wasn't an all out test. Just some pulls from 45-50 to 75 or so on the highway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts