LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are just starting to get our Monaro's delivered and many people are looking at upgrading their audio.

But as the origional head unit is a double din size (plus a bit!!) it is not a easy change.

Can anyone tell me if you have a audio supplier who has made a cover plate which will accept one or two normal single din units.

Regards

uk hsv

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Nothing I've seen so far. Most of the modders have been leaving the head unit and concentrating on speakers/amps. Stormguy put in an Alpine, but, I believe he had to fabricate a custom bezel.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found this on ls1.com.au from what I can tell there is a blanking plate supplied by Holden which you can cut to accept a din unit or two.

The part number is 92096871 I will order one and see if it works. only $12 AUD

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
uk hsv said:
I found this on ls1.com.au from what I can tell there is a blanking plate supplied by Holden which you can cut to accept a din unit or two.

The part number is 92096871 I will order one and see if it works. only $12 AUD

Just to resurrect this post so we can make a HUGE correction, and someone doesn't waste any money -

The part number above (92096871) is NOT the part pictured! The part number is actually, literally, a blanking plate that has no holes in it, and has four simple snap ends for shipping. It's nothing special. I just got mine in from "GM Australia" (Suttons Parts)...

So I repeat, 92096871 is NOT the part pictured...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts