LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2005 HSV GTO COUPE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Girls,
My name is Phil from Brisbane. Only just found the site recently and only more recently had a good reson to join. I finally got the opportunity to trade my Z Series Clubsport in on the dream car, a 2005 HSV GTO Coupe. The Clubby was a great car, but the Coupe is an awesome machine. Anyways looking forward to chatting in these forums,
Cheers for now,
Phil :secret:
Pics to follow later.

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Welcome. I would love to have the HSV GTO. That look is so aggressive.
Congrats on the Car. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

·
6-Speed
63 Posts
Welcome

HSV6LTR said:
Hi Guys and Girls,
My name is Phil from Brisbane. Only just found the site recently and only more recently had a good reson to join. I finally got the opportunity to trade my Z Series Clubsport in on the dream car, a 2005 HSV GTO Coupe. The Clubby was a great car, but the Coupe is an awesome machine. Anyways looking forward to chatting in these forums,
Cheers for now,
Pics to follow later.
Welcome to this crazy site...lol

This car is great..... I love mine. My family and I would love to visit Austrailia soemtime... we heard how great you down-under individuals are and that you have some awesome cars their.

Me and my hubby are planning down the road to visit for sure. I was trying to work something out down the road were some of you Aussie could come here and stay for a vacation and us there. Maybe alternate Counties. Plan it around major drag races...etc.

Whatcha think ....blowck (did I spell that right? - bet not lol)

GoodDay! Got that one right - hehehehe! :patriot:

·
O-TOWN Track Coordinator
161 Posts
Welcome

·
Its Tight
707 Posts
welcome

Congrats on the new ride what color did you get and welcome to the forms cant wait to see the pics:drink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mea Toy said:
Welcome to this crazy site...lol

This car is great..... I love mine. My family and I would love to visit Austrailia soemtime... we heard how great you down-under individuals are and that you have some awesome cars their.

Me and my hubby are planning down the road to visit for sure. I was trying to work something out down the road were some of you Aussie could come here and stay for a vacation and us there. Maybe alternate Counties. Plan it around major drag races...etc.

Whatcha think ....blowck (did I spell that right? - bet not lol)

GoodDay! Got that one right - hehehehe! :patriot:
"Bloke" is how we spell it.

Have a gander at some of our slang

http://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/[email protected]/-/p/dict/slang.html

Mike

·
Registered
367 Posts
G'day Phil. Nice to have you on board.

I hope you don't mind a non-car question. We're planning to move back to Oz soon. My folks live in Caboolture (someone has to) and they want us to move there, but I'm thinking Brissie or maybe south towards NSW. Any thoughts on living in Brissie (for an ex-Sydneysider) and any recommendations on nice but inexpensive areas to live.

Thanks in advance!

·
Sold
2,093 Posts
Welcome! You on the Brisbane Commodore club site as well?

·
2005 HSV GTO COUPE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gidday All,
Thanks for the comments.
Here are a couple of pics of the coupe and one of the Clubsport on the starting grid of Bathurst. Small tribute to my hero, the late Peter Brock
RIP 05 Brocky.

Pitstop.
Cant go wrong moving back to Brisvegas. Hard to give good recommendation without knowing where you are looking to work and what sort of dollar you are looking at to buy into the Brissy property market. Glad to help with any other info if you want to provide more details. I live out Ipswich way due to my work.

Cheers Phil

Attachments

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
HSV6LTR said:
Hi Guys and Girls,
Cheers for now,
Pics to follow later.

Welcome.

I someday hope to have that body kit on my car. Good pick :)

·
Twin Turbonaro
740 Posts
G'Day Phil,

Good to see another Brissy lad join the site, I lived in the Murrumba Downs area and then moved to New York in 2002. I always wanted a HSV but could never afford the 80k price tag. I finally got the car I wanted for a lot less :gears:

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
G'Day!
Awesome car,,wish we could get it here as is but
I did at least manage to get the front bar as you can see
in my sig.. :)

·
2006 IMPULSE BLUE M6 GTO
1,153 Posts
beautiful car mate! that's the way they should of produced it for the u.s. version(pontiac gto).are those 19in wheels? i gotta get those rims there smoking!! do they come in chrome?

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
wow, the car looks great! Pics of inside please! Oh and welcome!

·
2005 HSV GTO COUPE
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
G'day All,
Glad I found the site, lots of good info floating around. Did you guys over there get the LS2 in your GTO's?

Had the pleasure of spenting 3 years in the US back in the mid 90,s. Spent 2 years in the high desert outside LA at Palmdale and a year in Sacramento whilst I was in the Australian Air Force, drove a Z28 whilst I was there.

Tigertamer
The wheels are 19's only come in Shadow Chrome as far as I know.

HTRDLNCN
The front bar looks great, my opinion our front bars looks alot more agressive.

GTO 05
What made you leave our great country???

itsme4g63
Here are a couple of pics of the inside.

Cheers Phil

Attachments

·
2006 IMPULSE BLUE M6 GTO
1,153 Posts
hsv6ltr
thanks for the info on the wheels. the car looks great! welcome to the site!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts