LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres my dilema, I live in LA which presents two main things. Lots of rice rockets/people that will race, and also lots of stop lights, stop and go traffic. Im not quite that good at manual but ive been practicing on my friends car. So im torn between which one to get. It is a sports car so manual is almost necessary, but when i counter that with me still learnign manual and the stop and go traffic, im not sure.

What do you guys think? Should i go for automatic? and will it REALLY make that much of a diff in the street races ide probably be getting lots of in a new gto, especially if i decide on blue or red.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I live in LA too so I know what you are talking about. LA traffic is a biiiaaiiccchh. You should have no problem winning races with the auto. If you really want to launch hard and consistently all the time it is really tough to beat an auto tranny. Just make sure you put the appropriate mods on your tranny like a good torque converter ( although I hear the GTO has an excellent stock one).

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts