LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my third auto-x Saturday and this time I had made a camera mount to take videos. The problem is the video is just under 70 meg and comcast only allows me 26 meg.

any suggestion??

The video is win mov format. Any way to compress it? Or does anyone know where I can post it?

thanks

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
mlc said:
I went to my third auto-x Saturday and this time I had made a camera mount to take videos. The problem is the video is just under 70 meg and comcast only allows me 26 meg.

any suggestion??

The video is win mov format. Any way to compress it? Or does anyone know where I can post it?

thanks
gee only 70mb :gr_jest: damn them for not letting you have more space.....

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
mlc said:

any suggestion??

thanks
win mov? mov is usually seen on Macs and viewed with Quicktime. Do you mean wmv? That's the typical Micro$oft format. I believe with wmv you can set compression/resolution options. I would try to get it a little smaller if you could. 70MB is a little porky. Even if you find a host, more people will enjoy a smaller file, especially those with ISP imposed bandwidth limits.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. mov extension. It plays in quicktime player for one.

I know it's big. I might have software at work to compress it but not here.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
166 Posts
I used Pinnacle Studio to save my 90MB DV file as a 5MB wmv, seemed to work pretty well, though it's not free either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts