·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put these on Thursday.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
very nice man! i like that light silver/dark silver contrast, subtle, but it gives it a sence of definition, imo, these grilles are soo much better then the stockers! again, looks great!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think they're an improvement.

·
Great Lakes Moderator
2,358 Posts
wow, that does look kickazz on a silver!!!!!!!

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
That looks good on quicksilver.

Do you have any more pics?

I will make my decision whether to install these or not after I come back from SEMA on Nov 5th.

I have always wondered how these new grills would look on my silver GTO. Now I know. Thanks for being the guinea pig.

:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
paco04 said:
Put these on Thursday.
Did you paint them ?, because they look like they match the Quick Silver perfectly. Ordering mine this week.

·
Registered
140 Posts
paco04 said:
Put these on Thursday.
They look great! I also have QS.
I tried to buy them last night on GMparts direct, and they showed the retail price, the discount, the S&H, then they had the retail for each grill at the item total. The final total shown added up to $106. I copied it and sent it to their cust service to find out what's up with their web-site and pricing. If anyone knows the secrect to deciphering the GMpartsdirect web invoice, please advise. By the time I got to submit, and I didn't see a different discounted total, I bagged out. Here's the order I cut and pasted from the
Shopping Cart - clearly this isn't formatted correctly, but you can see the prices.
GM Part # Category Description Pack Qty Unit Price Quantity Ext.
Price YOU
SAVE Core Charge S&H Approx TOTAL
Radiator Grille
GRILLE
$31.28
$31.28
$21.73
$0.00
$35.00
$66.28

Radiator Grille
GRILLE
$16.82
$16.82
$11.69
$0.00
$23.10
$39.92

Subtotal:
$106.20
* indicates special order item, which is a special order non-returnable part.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the compliments. I will try to take more pics Monday, DG.
No, I did not paint them, that's the way they came.
Karen, I wish the price was only $106. I paid 'dealer wholesale', which is $228.
I saw on the computer screen at the dealer that their cost was $188.

I actually had the dealer's body shop install them. In case they broke the fascia,
it would be their baby. They charged me $75, and gave me a ride to work. I thought
that was fair.

·
Registered
140 Posts
paco04 said:
Thanks for the compliments. I will try to take more pics Monday, DG.
No, I did not paint them, that's the way they came.
Karen, I wish the price was only $106. I paid 'dealer wholesale', which is $228.
I saw on the computer screen at the dealer that their cost was $188.

I actually had the dealer's body shop install them. In case they broke the fascia,
it would be their baby. They charged me $75, and gave me a ride to work. I thought
that was fair.
That's quite a cost disparity; can you verify that I was given the correct part numbers ( 92160575 and 92120216) ? Thanks

Again, they look great on your car, which is a big help for me to see. I'll end up buying them anyway, but I was confused by what I saw on their invoice.

·
Groovey...
422 Posts
GTOKaren said:
That's quite a cost disparity; can you verify that I was given the correct part numbers ( 92160575 and 92120216) ? Thanks

Again, they look great on your car, which is a big help for me to see. I'll end up buying them anyway, but I was confused by what I saw on their invoice.

Here is the correct part # 92120216
$228.00

·
No Problemo
731 Posts
Im alittle apprehensious to go with the autox grills now, I've noticed lots of the older Grand Ams have the same style grill and I'm not really feelin the look w/ the GTO now.

I know the new Grand Prixs have a similiar style grill to the stock GTO too....

cant seem to win :eek:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Supernoma said:
Im alittle apprehensious to go with the autox grills now, I've noticed lots of the older Grand Ams have the same style grill and I'm not really feelin the look w/ the GTO now.

I know the new Grand Prixs have a similiar style grill to the stock GTO too....

cant seem to win :eek:
I agree...I think that they look too much like a Grand Am/Prix. Not for me... :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wrong Part #

Bad Ash said:
Here is the correct part # 92120216
$228.00
I think that is the wrong part #92120216 . I Ran it at GM parts Direct and it would not come up. I called my dealer in Delray with # 12499616 and those came up as grille pack kit. Price $228.00.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hyper GTO said:
I think that is the wrong part #92120216 . I Ran it at GM parts Direct and it would not come up. I called my dealer in Delray with # 12499616 and those came up as grille pack kit. Price $228.00.
Hyper is correct! I got that number from Dan at AP but it wasnt in catalog at gm parts direct. I tried it today an viola they even have a picture so we know it is right. $225.60 :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Where online can you see the photo of the part with the part number?

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Former Owner but Still Here
451 Posts
12499616 is the P/N where the pic comes up. $225.60

1 - 20 of 41 Posts