LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Torque is King!
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if there is a way to install the automatic climate control cluster in our GTO's. This automatic climate control system comes in the Monaro. I am curious as to why we didnt get it standard in our GTO's. I feel like we have been cheaped out on here in the states. I am not a big fan of our cheapy climate control knobs.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
I think there was a thread about that already.Try a search

·
Torque is King!
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for starting a new thread this issue has been covered pretty well. Any give the conversion a try yet? By getting the Monaro Digital HVAC controls... would be interested to know.

Thanks

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
If I remember right it is WAY to costly.I mean it was crazy

·
Sensible Contributor
1,439 Posts
You would be better off to try to get the unit from a Berlina than a Monaro. These are single zone climate control which would involve less plumbing changes than the dual zone from the Monaro. From the outside they look identical

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I was the one pestering about this before. I don't know why everyone is worried about the "plumbing" of the system needing conversion. I just want the digital headunit. GM wouldn't use two completely different and costly systems when they can run one and swap out different headunits. Basically plug and play. The headunits are nothing more than that. The plug into a wiring harness behind that should be the same for both cars.

Can someone show a diagram of the wiring plugs for our stock unit and the Digital one.

·
Registered
81 Posts
According to a post on the www.ls1.com.au board, the evaporator/heater core assembly must be changed also.

The standard core assembly is vacuum controlled and the climate control one is electrically controlled. Hence, the expense (and extensive dashboard disassembly).

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Goatcha, I guess I was under the presumption, knowing GM, that they wouldn't have two completely different systems.

·
297kW User
1,928 Posts
If it's any consolation, I think the three knobs we get are a bit easier to use than the buttons they get.

I've experienced both first hand. :)

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Since I set them and forget them, that's not much consolation. :D

The Digital one fits the interior stack sooo much better! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts