LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to decide if we are going to show cars at the upcoming AutoRama. I will also be mailing a ballot but since this is faster for those who use this forum I thought I would post this question. Here are the details If we decide we want to show our cars.

If the club does not participate, we will probably have to start over with just 2 cars next year, and will only be allowed a maximum of 4, since we are “grandfathered” at 6 now. Eric has the paperwork, and the deadline is Nov. 12th to return all entries and money. The deadline to order electricity is Oct. 31st. We would obviously have to use the existing display due to time restrictions

Autorama:

Dates: Wednesday, November 21st thru Sunday, November 25th
Place: George R. Brown Convention Center
Cars: We need 6 cars to put in the display. They will go in Wednesday morning and cannot come out until Sunday evening. Probably want 3 classic and 3 new Goats.
Cost is $15 per car for current ISCA members, $50 for non-ISCA members. I will distribute the entry forms when we receive them and will collect completed forms and money. All 6 must be sent in together as a group.
Display: Need to decide if we go with the current “Barnyard” theme again this year, or we come up with a new idea.
Wednesday is set-up day. Arrive with display about 7:00-7:30. Cars need to be in line by 8:00. Display is usually complete by mid afternoon.
Sunday evening teardown starts at 6:00 and is complete by 9:00.
The display needs to be loaded on the trailer prior to Wednesday. In case Eric has to work, I need some people willing to be standbys to go get the trailer Wednesday and haul it downtown, return it to storage later that day, haul it back down Sunday and return the loaded trailer to storage.

So anyone interested?

·
Suffering Fools
15,247 Posts
I will definitely be there to help take stuff down, MAYBE there to help set up if you need it.

I don't have a truck to haul the trailer though.

·
Waiting for GF4
2,942 Posts
Here is a video of the display that HRJ took for me last year since my car was in the show and I was not able to be there.. So this is what it was like for those of you who are thinking of doing it. I can't recall who the older GTO's belong to but the silver one is Baaa's and the purple belongs to MyGirl and Drifter.

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4928060272238891455[/GVIDEO]

·
Registered
31 Posts
you could forget about the big display, just put in 6 cars with the club sign in the middle and our standions with plastic chain around the cars. Then there will be little set up materials, all will fit in a full size pickup truck bed, no trailer needed. Set up on Wednesday will be minimal as well as Sunday tear down. Probably only need the car owners for setup and tear down. no floor covering needed.
then next year with more lead time, then you could update the big display and go for it. the club display winners get some cash, but that is not typically enough to offset the expenses and set up time. That way we hold the 6 spots for this year. this is just one way to minimize the work load on set up and tear down. There will be a request for help at the next monthly meeting.

·
Mommy Goat!
1,393 Posts
you could forget about the big display, just put in 6 cars with the club sign in the middle and our standions with plastic chain around the cars. Then there will be little set up materials, all will fit in a full size pickup truck bed, no trailer needed. Set up on Wednesday will be minimal as well as Sunday tear down. Probably only need the car owners for setup and tear down. no floor covering needed.
then next year with more lead time, then you could update the big display and go for it. the club display winners get some cash, but that is not typically enough to offset the expenses and set up time. That way we hold the 6 spots for this year.
so are you volunteering?????

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

We have 6 cars for the display. 5 classic and a 06. We will talk more about it at the meeting.

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What meeting?
GCGTOs November Meeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 - until ??
Saturday November 17

Cypress Saloon
12710 Telge Road
Cypress, Texas
281-304-7766

Directions: 290 West to Telge Rd. Exit
(2 exits past Hwy. 6) 1 1/2 miles
Cypress Saloon is on the right behind P.O.'s Burgers

·
The Pipe Gettin Big
1,304 Posts
Update:

We have 6 cars for the display. 5 classic and a 06. We will talk more about it at the meeting.
What, only one late model???

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the way it worked out on who Volunteered first.

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GCGTOs is looking for people to setup, watch the cars, and tear down for AutoRama.

Wednesday Nov. 21
9a.m. until done

Thursday Nov. 22 3-6

or 6-9

Friday Nov. 23 10-2

2-6

6-9

Saturday Nov. 24 10-2

2-6

6-9Sunday Nov. 25 11-3

3-7

Teardown 7-8????

The first person every morning needs to turn on the display lighting and dust the cars. The last person every night needs to turn off the display lighting. If you can volunteer please pick a day and time and post on this thread.

·
Suffering Fools
15,247 Posts
I can do Friday from 6-9, and teardown.

Do we have to pay our way in for that stuff?

·
God Bless Texas!
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can do Friday from 6-9, and teardown.

Do we have to pay our way in for that stuff?
Yes.

Only those showing their cars are allowed in for free.

·
Suffering Fools
15,247 Posts
Sixteen ****ing dollars?!

Well I guess mom isn't getting anything for Christmas this year. Unless I can pick up some freebies at the show.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts