LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I need tyres in a bad way (both street and race). I am going to wait on the race tires until next year so they won't get damaged by the cold etc at my house (plus I don't have the $$ right now for them). I did find some Bridgestone Re-050A's though. Are these a good tyre for a ST class? Or as a rain tyre for next year?

·
Enthusiast
1,425 Posts
I don't think that it's one of the 'usual suspects' for autox tires, but I've heard that they do pretty good in wet conditions, if that's what you're intending to use them for.

Hankook RS2 Z212's are supposed to be good autox tires for someone with a budget (people have won national-level competitions on them), but I don't think they like the rain that much.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am getting V710's next year. I am looking for something to run on the streets and also for wet. The car is NOT a dd at all.

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
Well, if you are looking for tires that double as street tires and autox rain tires.....you basically rule out the racing rain tires (I know Hoosier makes rain specific race tires).

Probably better off just looking for a summer tire with a good rain rating and as low a treadwear as possible (so they will heat up quickly).

I run Falken Azenis when it's dry and have yet to hit a rainy day.....but if I did, I would run my DD Falken 451's. These are great in the rain....but then again, I've never really pushed them in the rain either.

·
The angels have the phone box
118 Posts
berjet said:
I am getting V710's next year. I am looking for something to run on the streets and also for wet. The car is NOT a dd at all.
As far as I know, the treadware rating on the V710 is way too low to run in ST. ST is for true aggressive street tires, like the Ventus or the Azenis. You can run in the Stock class with R-Compound tires but not in Street Touring.

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
Ahh missed that.

He's right. Any of the Kumho "racing" tires have a 50 tread wear rating. Any of the Street Touring classes require a 200 or greater. Go with the Azenis!

·
Enthusiast
1,425 Posts
ST* requires 140 or more:

14.3 TIRES
Tires must meet the eligibility requirements of the Stock category (excluding
13.3.F), with the following additional restrictions:
A. Tires may have widths up to and including 225.
B. Tires must have a minimum tread wear rating of 140.
C. Tire models must not appear on the following list, which may be
altered at any time by the SEB upon notification of the membership.
Pirelli P Zero Corsa

I think the Goodyear Eagle F1-GSD3 have great wet grip, but they have soft sidewalls so not too many autox'ers like them because it dulls turn in.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my bad....I am running SM/ST this year and will run straight SM next. Only have 2 events left of the year. Our local SCCA club has a street tire (ST) class that is an all pax class.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts