LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 81 Posts

·
Call me.... Mr. MFTIC
3,122 Posts
Why don't you go through the hundreds of write-ups already done on here first and then tell us what you need/missing?

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
Also, who is going to be responsible for validating the info presented? We have a lot of folks on here who frankly dont know shit about fuck, but love to act like they do. Id rather have no info than bad info.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Also, who is going to be responsible for validating the info presented? We have a lot of folks on here who frankly dont know shit about smurf, but love to act like they do. Id rather have no info than bad info.
Are you volunteering? :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
Are you volunteering? :thumbs:
Really, im saying this is stupid idea. But Sure, I'll be the decider/verifier. For a fee.

Most of the DTC stuff we have is me anyway. A/C diag, me. Charging system/electrical diag, me. Diff set up, me. EVAP testing, hell yes thats me.

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
You dont see me falling all over my own dick to submit shit do you?

IDGAF. I wrote what I what I wrote, its helped a few folks, but most either cant find it or cant follow it. people want nice, simple answers. Well, that shit doesnt happen with cars. At least not often.

·
Meh
1,305 Posts
Seems like a good idea to me. If nothing else it reorganizes the current information into one place. While I'm sure there have been lots of attempts at this, they all seem to go the way of either the exhaust section or the dinosaur.

After reviewing some of the "options", LS1 engine break-in procedure? If your LS1 isn't broken in yet... It's damn near 2011, lol.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
O Hai thar. I just bought a 2004 GTO with the LS1 motor in it. Three questions I'd like to ask?

1) What oil to use?
2) Which cat-back is best?
3) Has there been a GTO in Transformers?

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
My detector is broke. 4 customers today decided they should get 180* air from the vents 2 minutes after starting a car that was parked outside all night. Turns out they were serious.

Recalibration will be complete somewhere around my 4th glass of ruma coka. I just started #3.

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
Oh, and a winter weather tip fo you folks: a light coating of Vaseline on your door seals will keep them from freezing. So you can leave me the hell alone. thanks.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,412 Posts
My detector is broke. 4 customers today decided they should get 180* air from the vents 2 minutes after starting a car that was parked outside all night. Turns out they were serious.

Recalibration will be complete somewhere around my 4th glass of ruma coka. I just started #3.
lol....

It's people like that who keep you in a job, though. You know they aren't changing their own oil, and you know they can be upsold to recharging the flux capacitor for the winter months, too.

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
lol....

It's people like that who keep you in a job, though. You know they aren't changing their own oil, and you know they can be upsold to recharging the flux capacitor for the winter months, too.
True, there is that. Thing is, I dont like wasting my time, much less their money. 15-20 minutes of testing to find nothing wrong is both.

·
Buy a Hybrid. I Need Your Gas
3,883 Posts
How does the points system work? I see that 20 points gets you a bronze badge, 40 a silver, etc. - but how are the points calculated? 5 per article? 10 per article?

·
...brah
8,810 Posts
I have done the following.
Pulled motor, re-installed motor.
Pulled tranny, re-installed tranny.
Pulled tranny again, re-installed tranny.
Pulled rear end, re-installed rear end.
Pulled rear end again, re-installed rear end.
Pulled rear end again, to be continued.
Changed stereo and speakers.
Changed suspension and 90% of bushings.
Changed brakes.
Installed hidden nitrous.
Installed not so hidden nitrous.
Installed some tail lights and grills.
Installed some grafxwerks emblems.
Painted some stuff.
Did some detailing.
Did some wetsanding.
Did some headers.
Did some other stuff.
Changed a tire.

Do I get any stars?

·
Die Kriegsziege fordert Blut
1,289 Posts
I know how to hit a tire wall at 100mph.

·
HGH Optimist
9,054 Posts
21 - 40 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.