LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Really, im saying this is stupid idea. But Sure, I'll be the decider/verifier. For a fee.

Most of the DTC stuff we have is me anyway. A/C diag, me. Charging system/electrical diag, me. Diff set up, me. EVAP testing, hell yes thats me.
Theres definitely a need for a sarcasm font. I think Konnie took me serious.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quick Tip = 250 words minimum + 2 photos minimum - 1 point
Article = 500 words minimum + 5 photos minimum - 2 points
Feature = 1000 words minimum + 10 photos minimum - 5 points

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on the points, but I swear I saw that somewhere when reading about this Yesterday...

·
other kids were doing it.....
2,078 Posts
Also, who is going to be responsible for validating the info presented? We have a lot of folks on here who frankly dont know shit about smurf, but love to act like they do. Id rather have no info than bad info.

Awesome! thanks for that, I love that you feel my pain!

O Hai thar. I just bought a 2004 GTO with the LS1 motor in it. Three questions I'd like to ask?

1) What oil to use?
2) Which cat-back is best?
3) Has there been a GTO in Transformers?
Oh! hey will these wheels fit?

How do I activate my shift light?

How do I access the secret menu?

Will these subs work in the stock location?

Some of my favs anyway........

My detector is broke. 4 customers today decided they should get 180* air from the vents 2 minutes after starting a car that was parked outside all night. Turns out they were serious..
Did you remember to tell them that revving the shit out of the engine or holding the pedal to the floor the second they start the car, especially in freezing temps, will warm it up faster?

I remember when I was younger working at an autoparts store. We turned rotors there. I had a customer bring in a rotor that one whole side was completely gone, just vents. He asked how much we charged to turn the rotors. He said his wife told him it just started sounding funny day or so ago. I thought he was joking, He was serious. I asked him if the stereo in the car broke around the same time. He thought I was joking, I was serious.

·
HGH Optimist
8,694 Posts
Getting a BJ while high...I just want to know if we get free weed to go with the ZJ
I was lookin' for: "If you have to ask, you can't afford it." Haha...

^^^I agree 100%. I'm a sarcastic prick but I don't feel as if this is conveyed through my typing!:)
I happen to think you're a nice guy.

No?

·
Banned
3,231 Posts
This should be interesting.

·
Was Here
739 Posts
Looks like AF just wants to build a competitor to another site with LS1 how to's on it.

I think anyone that contributes to that success should get residual income from AF for adverts and such. Also if you did make a how to for them it becomes their property and you lose any right to ownership.

Sounds like a lose - lose for contributers.

-Don

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
100 points for a great article.
150 points for a great article with pictures
200 points for a great article with photos and blood all over the parts
1000 point for putting some snotty nosed douche nozzle punk in his place with real experience and proven facts.

- OK - and screw Mike (re:Konnie) - because he has no sarcasm button...

anyway - got plenty of tech shiit buried somewhere. Who gets this article stuff.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Also, who is going to be responsible for validating the info presented? We have a lot of folks on here who frankly dont know shit about smurf, but love to act like they do. Id rather have no info than bad info.
Validating blows. It's through invalidating that we truly shine. I may not know shit about smurf, but I know a smurf of a lot about shit.
True story.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Validating blows. It's through invalidating that we truly shine. I may not know shit about smurf, but I know a smurf of a lot about shit.
True story.
too much food coloring

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts
I don't see any point in writing another set of articles. There is plenty of good tech info on this site, but very few users savvy enough to find it.

I can't imagine the rabble would do any better searching a new database. If the rabble had paid attention in third grade when the librarian was showing them how to use a card catalogue, then the rabble would be equipped to use the search button effectively now.

But they didn't then, they can't now and I don't want any schwag. As John Wayne said, "Life is hard. Even harder if you are stupid."

·
Beer Geek
3,713 Posts

·
5800ft Sucks Wind - Literally
709 Posts

·
200+ MPH Club!!!
2,724 Posts
Well that was 10 minutes of worhtless reading I'll never get back. Our current stuff needs to be sorted, cleaned up and locked so it doesn't pull up a bunch of BS in a search.

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
Well that was 10 minutes of worhtless reading I'll never get back. Our current stuff needs to be sorted, cleaned up and locked so it doesn't pull up a bunch of BS in a search.
If the staff wasnt so busy baby-sitting folks, they may have time to do that. It took me several weeks to track down and set up the stickies in the driveline section.

·
Worthless reject member
43,753 Posts
they should just name you in charge of this section, konnie, and give you ubermodpowers. that way the rest of the staff can resume the baby sitting. :)

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.