LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Worthless reject member
44,042 Posts
no. Ive done the mod thing. Not in any hurry to get back at it. Mainly because i cant ban sponsors.
being a mod is a PITA honestly. i've done it on other forums in times past and i ended up quitting. never want to do it again.

i'm sure the admins can give you enough rights to do your own organizing of info and articles, though. you'd be the one for it.

·
I'm taken & she LOVES racing!
2,660 Posts
....200 points for a great article with photos and blood all over the parts....
If I submit a write up, does the blood actually have to be mine ?

:gr_devil: :gr_devil2:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I submitted my very in depth trans tuning thread on 12-22 via PM and never heard a word back. Not even "no thanks".
If that type of thing continues to happen it will ruin a site! Once the people with knowledge and willingness to share it move on or just stop bothering to share it the site will rapidly go to shit. The information available needs to be what brings members here and keeps them here not the ability to spout off about everything under the sun in the lounge. In short information>banter.

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
Why is this section still here? :scratch:
To show AF how badly they suck.

Im sure this is great on nissancube.fail where they cant even manage to change their own oil (seriously, shit was funny), but weve got a bunch of very knowledgeable and skilled members here, and 99% of the stuff we need to know is already here, and good 75% of that is indexed in one way or another so we can find it.

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
Difference is, Nissan puts out TSB's and recalls for all sorts of shit. They are really on top of it.

GM wont. I think the GTO has 2 TSBs, key cyl and 04 gas cap.

More info wont help most of these people, they'll still just throw parts at it.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
I am about to change out the rear outer stubs on mine. Should I do a write up with pics even though some members won't believe I did it or that I even own a GTO??? I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to help someone with a car that I supposedly don't drive, work on, or even own.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
10,110 Posts
I am about to change out the rear outer stubs on mine. Should I do a write up with pics even though some members won't believe I did it or that I even own a GTO??? I wouldn't want to waste my time trying to help someone with a car that I supposedly don't drive, work on, or even own.
You know I think I have seen you drive that car? :wall:

I would be happy to write up something for engine, suspension and the like. Course I would piss off some of the vendors here. and I would reference books that have titles like Combustion Engine design, and SAE handbook.

nobody would care and would still argue that I'm making it all up. but hey.

I like to think I've helped someone by now.

·
Have Bar, Will Travel
10,110 Posts
It would be nice to have knowledgebase like Nissanhelp.com has, they have tsbs,recalls ,service manuals
Don't we still have that in the knowledge base?

with the age of the cars now I would like to see a hardware listing in the Knowledge base.

Not GM part numbers but bolt and nut specs.

fake EX: Diff carrier bolts = m10 x 1.25, grade 10 30mm long use blue loctite or equivalent.

(I don't think that is correct for the diff carrier bolts but you get the idea)

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
You know I think I have seen you drive that car? :wall:

I would be happy to write up something for engine, suspension and the like. Course I would piss off some of the vendors here. and I would reference books that have titles like Combustion Engine design, and SAE handbook.

nobody would care and would still argue that I'm making it all up. but hey.

I like to think I've helped someone by now.
:)

·
Premium Member
11,135 Posts
If i dont see it, lemme know and I'll add it to the sticky.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
If i dont see it, lemme know and I'll add it to the sticky.
Will do. I should have the new stubs and bearings this coming week and will try to get them in next weekend. I don't know how to use common hand tools but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night. :thumbs:

·
NEVER RACED OR ABUSED
972 Posts
Yea, how long do you think you can carry on this farce about owning a 8 sec GTO? What's your name any way?

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
Yea, how long do you think you can care on this farce about owning a 8 sec GTO? What's your name any way?
Well I even have GMHighTech convinced so I will keep it going as long as possible. Just check the April issue. :thumbs:

·
8 second club
2,352 Posts
Well I even have GMHighTech convinced so I will keep it going as long as possible. Just check the April issue. :thumbs:
Should be interesting.....they may even photoshop a procharger
into the picture of your engine bay!

·
Unicorn
5,018 Posts
So you've moved on from just stealing my parts to actually stealing my car now huh??? Looks like my car will be in the April issue of GM HighTech....

61 - 80 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.