LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new owner of my old WRX tracked me down (I traded it in and it took the dealer quite a while to sell such a highly-tuned car). We had a great visit. The young fellow (student at my alma mater of Georgia Tech) has a low 13-sec "grocery getter" now that he got for a great price. He's gonna love it and it's great that an enthusiast can appreciate it. I got a kick when he told me he had been a fan of the WRX since the 8th grade (!!!) before it came to the States. Guess I'm getting old. :rolleyes: :)

We took some pics in front of my church:

I titled it AVP, as in "Alien vs. Predator", or "WRX vs. GTO". :) Take your pick, your butt's still gonna get kicked. :)

Padre

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
Padre.

I came out of a black WRX grocery getter. That's funny.

Don't miss it a bit. Torque over HP any day.

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ozzie Goat said:
Don't miss it a bit. Torque over HP any day.
I miss the hatchback, but yeah, with the Rex putting down the power it was, I felt like I was on a caffeine injection, now I feel like a body-builder. :)

Padre

·
Senior's Member
2,853 Posts
PadreGTO said:
I miss the hatchback, but yeah, with the Rex putting down the power it was, I felt like I was on a caffeine injection, now I feel like a body-builder. :)

Padre
Seriously, I can't even get all my groceries in the trunk. It's rough.

I have kids, and they have to pop in and out of the back. Tough.

BUT, I have the driver's seat!!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Ozzie Goat said:
Seriously, I can't even get all my groceries in the trunk. It's rough.

I have kids, and they have to pop in and out of the back. Tough.

BUT, I have the driver's seat!!
I told my family to "Deal with it!" It's my car:cool: Sometimes my wife will complain about the trunk space but my answer is "take your car then." She replies with "I have a beetle convertible, it dosen't have a trunk, it has a rear glove box :eek2: " That's when I say "that's your car!"

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts

I titled it AVP, as in "Alien vs. Predator", or "WRX vs. GTO". :) Take your pick, your butt's still gonna get kicked. :)

Padre[/QUOTE]

It looks like the Good vs. the Bad! Watch out for the lightning :gr_jest:

Great pics Padre!!!

·
I did a bad, bad thing
1,450 Posts
I'll give you a WRX grocery-getter ;) :D

·
Grocery Getter Extraordinaire
4 Posts
This is his WRXs previous owner. Those pics turned out pretty nice, I havent been able to upload mine quite yet.
I didnt realize what nice cars GTOs were because I hadn't ever seen them up close but they rock. I've gotta admit that that little boxer four sounded pretty wimpy after Padre cranked the Goat up.
My stock 16s look really small in those pics, but I guess it is just compared to those nice 19s on your GTO.
We need to line up at the drag strip sometime just for fun. You'd win but it would be cool racing your old car.

-Bobby

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Euphbob said:
We need to line up at the drag strip sometime just for fun. You'd win but it would be cool racing your old car.
-Bobby
You and me, bro: :punch: Hehe.

Dallas, Georgia: Southeastern Dragway, some Friday night this August or September. :)

Let's make sure we have cameras and videos rolling.

I'll teach you how to launch her, and you just might have a chance in the 1/8th. Of course, I'll walk you in the 1/4. :)

Padre

·
4 Posts
Definately!!

Drag radials > AWD :hail:

I'll let you know and we'll meet up again. I should be able to do most Friday nights. I need that tranny cooler installed again before I try anymore brake-torque launches (I've done 3 since I got it).

·
8,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Euphbob said:
Drag radials > AWD :hail:
Who needs drag radials? :rolleyes: I cut a 1.8 sixty with my street tires. As good as I ever did in my, err, *your* WRX. :)

But my 1/8th mile times at this particular track match up pretty close. I'll get you on the traps, but if you holeshot me by even a tenth or two, you may cross the line first. Start working on your reaction times because I'm no slouch. ;)

It's gonna be fun. :)

BTW, your first mod: Khumos or S-03s.

Padre

·
4 Posts
Kumhos since I'm a poor college student. I'll probably just go with the Ecsta MXs since I wont be putting too many miles on the car at school and they are $60 a tire or something. I've got 2 friends who work at 2 different tire shops (Kauffman Tire and NTB I think) and each said they could hook me up. I just need them before the Subaru Challenge in October. I'd hate running autocross in street modified with the stock tires.

PadreGTO said:
Who needs drag radials? :rolleyes: I cut a 1.8 sixty with my street tires. As good as I ever did in my, err, *your* WRX. :)

But my 1/8th mile times at this particular track match up pretty close. I'll get you on the traps, but if you holeshot me by even a tenth or two, you may cross the line first. Start working on your reaction times because I'm no slouch. ;)

It's gonna be fun. :)

BTW, your first mod: Khumos or S-03s.

Padre

·
Ephemeral.
56 Posts
That's the first time i've ever really seen a big picture of your car. (I lurk)

Those wheels look awesome on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts