LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the wheels I like for my GTO. Strong and light (24 lbs) and in a 18X8 with +45mm offset. Here are some photos of this wheel. I like the nice machined lip. It gives the wheel depth . . .

Doc

·
Registered
607 Posts
I too am now looking at axis wheels. They look great from the photos I have seen. I may go through my local discount tire so that I can verify fitment prior to comitting to the purchase. Please let us know if you do get them; I'd like to know what you think of their quality.

I'm looking at this one in a 19x8:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
josephra - Does Axis custom make wheels? According to their website, the wheel you posted does not come in a 5x120 bolt pattern.

·
Registered
607 Posts
phobos512 said:
josephra - Does Axis custom make wheels? According to their website, the wheel you posted does not come in a 5x120 bolt pattern.
Good eye Phobos. We did look at the brochure w/ pricing information in the store and they had a 5x120 listed for this wheel. I also got confirmation today the wheel is available for our GTO's and could be ordered in brushed, chrome or black spokes w/chrome rims.

Another feature or option the web page doesn't list is the "Maxis" version of this wheel. The Maxis has a 3 inch lip on the wheel where the standard "Mod" wheel only has a 2 inch lip. We doubt the 3" lip version will clear the brakes though, due to the sweep of the spokes.

I'm pretty certian I'll order this wheel package for my car. I'll noodle it over for a few more days though. I'm also going to ensure fitment prior to driving away w/ them. I'll post pics when all is said and done and or report why they didn't work.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
josephra said:
Good eye Phobos. We did look at the brochure w/ pricing information in the store and they had a 5x120 listed for this wheel. I also got confirmation today the wheel is available for our GTO's and could be ordered in brushed, chrome or black spokes w/chrome rims.

Another feature or option the web page doesn't list is the "Maxis" version of this wheel. The Maxis has a 3 inch lip on the wheel where the standard "Mod" wheel only has a 2 inch lip. We doubt the 3" lip version will clear the brakes though, due to the sweep of the spokes.

I'm pretty certian I'll order this wheel package for my car. I'll noodle it over for a few more days though. I'm also going to ensure fitment prior to driving away w/ them. I'll post pics when all is said and done and or report why they didn't work.
You know, it REALLY irks me when companies don't update their websites with current product information. It takes a good deal of effort to make a brochure and have it printed 500,000 times, but to type "5x120" into an HTML page takes a few seconds. GRRRR...

That said, where can I get a brochure of their line joseph? I really like some of their wheels but clearly I cannot go on the information on their website any longer.

·
Registered
607 Posts
phobos512 said:
That said, where can I get a brochure of their line joseph? I really like some of their wheels but clearly I cannot go on the information on their website any longer.
I went to my local discount tire store and they had an Axis catalog there. I did notice on the Axis web page, they had a dealer directory listing. You might try that if discount tire isn't an option, or give them a call and ask for one. The store on the page appears to be located in Sante Fe, Ca.

Voice Mail
562-906-9898 voice
562-906-9801 fax

Snail Mail
Axis Sport Tuning
9046 Sorensen Avenue
Santa Fe Springs,
CA 90670

[email protected]

If you find out the mod wheel in a 5x120 isn't an option, let me know. I'll have a word w/ Sean at discounttire ;^)

·
Registered
607 Posts
josephra said:
I went to my local discount tire store and they had an Axis catalog there...

If you find out the mod wheel in a 5x120 isn't an option, let me know. I'll have a word w/ Sean at discounttire ;^)
On second thought, I don't think the catalog did have the 5x120's listed and Sean had to call them to see if they would do one. I'll call him tomorrow and confirm how that conversation happened. I've been looking at and considering so many different wheels, it's all getting blury.

In any case, he did confirm he could get the mod in the 5x120 on a 19x8 wheel w/ needed offset, chromed. We'll have to test fit them to be sure everything lines up well.

·
Registered
607 Posts
phobos512 said:
You know, it REALLY irks me when companies don't update their websites with current product information. It takes a good deal of effort to make a brochure and have it printed 500,000 times, but to type "5x120" into an HTML page takes a few seconds. GRRRR...

Don't blame Axis, their website is correct. It turns out, my tire guy asked if they could sell a 5x120 and Axis agreed to drill out a set of wheels that hadn't been drilled yet.

So, if you really like their wheels, give them a call and they will probably drill them for you. There was no price markup either.

BTW got my axis mods (19x8) on order w/ a set of Goodyear F1's 245/35x19. Wish me luck on the fitment, it should be 3 weeks until I get them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts