LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my half shaft replaced due to the axle bolts falling out now at around 45 mph by letting off of the gas and pushing it just a little bit I have this whruing sound coming from the drivers side rear thats the half shaft thay they replaced. Im thinking bearing as it sounds like something thats dry and they did not replace any bearings here are the items they replaced and the part numbers..

1 92140331 Shaft
1 92067184 Shaft
3 90095191 F - Retainer
6 90278995 Bolt
1 00818353 Spac Case
1 00825394 Spac case

Why they have two shafts listed I do not know as only the drivers side half shaft was replaced. Do you think this is axle or wheel bearing noise as it did not have this whuring sound before the axle fell out and now it does. I do not want to be stuck with a rental again my exsuast is coming monday and I would like to get it put on and drive. If I call my dealer and tell them this will they be able to order the bearings. And it should only take them a day to do this correct? I hope this is the problem...... Getting sick of being without my $30,000 dollar car :banghead:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I hope that isn't the same noise I get, I have to have the differential replaced (for the second time). Above 45 mph if I let off the gas I hear a whine/howling noise and I was told that is the ring and pinion not lining up correctly.

·
Seriously?
1,569 Posts
Nycro said:
I just had my half shaft replaced due to the axle bolts falling out now at around 45 mph by letting off of the gas and pushing it just a little bit I have this whruing sound coming from the drivers side rear thats the half shaft thay they replaced. Im thinking bearing as it sounds like something thats dry and they did not replace any bearings here are the items they replaced and the part numbers..

1 92140331 Shaft
1 92067184 Shaft
3 90095191 F - Retainer
6 90278995 Bolt
1 00818353 Spac Case
1 00825394 Spac case

Why they have two shafts listed I do not know as only the drivers side half shaft was replaced. Do you think this is axle or wheel bearing noise as it did not have this whuring sound before the axle fell out and now it does. I do not want to be stuck with a rental again my exsuast is coming monday and I would like to get it put on and drive. If I call my dealer and tell them this will they be able to order the bearings. And it should only take them a day to do this correct? I hope this is the problem...... Getting sick of being without my $30,000 dollar car :banghead:
Well, if you call the dealer, they are only going to tell you to bring the car in again and they are going to have figure out the problem. When you bring the car in, bring your receipt with you so you can have them explain to you what they have replaced so far (as far as 2 shafts being listed anyway). It could be the gears that are making noise and if that is the case, it won't be a quick fix and you'll be stuck with a rental again. Just be prepared, your new exhaust may be have to wait. Better safe than sorry though.

·
Got Torque?
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I hope its not the rear end and its just a bearing issue but hey its all under warenty ! Im going to stop up there tommrow after my classes. And see if someone wants to go for a ride ..... It does sound like its coming from the drivers side allmost sounds like it is coming from the wheel. Its not coming from the middile of the rear. Im going to pull the rear tire off and put it on some stands and see what I can. Im hoping that when the axle fell off that it damaged the wheel bearings and so on as to me it sounds just like a wheel bearing. I have heard gear noise before and it does not sound like that it hard to explain noises lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts