LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, I have to swap my z1's (clear coat coming off) from wheel max and of course they are not in stock in staggered form. But they have Z9's.
Too much bling?! I don'know how to list them here.
Thanks, Mike

·
can crusher
2,069 Posts
Here they are...

I'm not feeling it... Blingy and cheap looking IMO. I think the Z-1's are far better, but I'm also a fan of the Z-10's and Z-15's.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
I saw these wheels on an 06 PBM and they really looked much better in person than the pics above. I'd give 'em a thumbs up.

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
They are the black ones, and chrome lip and spokes I think.-painted black line in center of spokes?
Keep the comments coming

·
1 of 412 QS Black/M6/18's
528 Posts
Not too much bling. I know that is one thing I worry about too, especially with my QS. Bling is bad with the QS, looking for something in a gray here.

Those aren't bad though.

JR

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
If I were you I'd just wait until some more Z-1's come back in stock. Truthfully I'm not really liking those.

·
can crusher
2,069 Posts
Sleepy said:
They are the black ones, and chrome lip and spokes I think.-painted black line in center of spokes?
Keep the comments coming
Ooof. Can't get myself to like them, not compared to the Z-1's. I couldn't find any GTO's with Z-9's on it (in fact I couldn't find any cars with them), and I'm not a photoshp guru, so heres the best I could do... AZA Z-8's

I know they're not the Z-9's, but it gives you an idea... paint some black lines bisecting each spoke, and it's pretty close...

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
you know thank you for posting the question you just helped me make a decision i was thinking of getting the silver Z8s, thanks for the pic of the 8s too, for my IBM but then you posted those Z9s and I like them much better. I think the first ones with the black lines are HOT. I want them.

·
goat lover
212 Posts
the ones with the black stripe do look damn nice in the picture, but i'd really like to see them on a car

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Sleepy said:
Hey gang, I have to swap my z1's (clear coat coming off) from wheel max and of course they are not in stock in staggered form. But they have Z9's.
Too much bling?! I don'know how to list them here.
Thanks, Mike
Interesting, my Z-1's are peeling too. Sorry for the semi-hijack. BTW the Z-9's aren't bad. :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was actually looking into the Z-9s with the black for my BOM. I like them.

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
They look awful IMO.

·
RIP George...
2,163 Posts
I thought about those before I bought my Z-1s. I like them but I'd want to see them on a car first. I like the black with the polished lip. Not too blingy at all IMO.

·
485, 432 rw m6
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I looked into repairing the clear coat and the wheels need to be totaly stipped of paint and all and being aluminum no acid can be used. THEY USE A PROPANE TORCH TO STRIP AND IT IS LABOR INTENSIVE=$$.
Thanks for the input. Still not sure.

·
www.theangrygoat.com
417 Posts
Sleepy said:
I looked into repairing the clear coat and the wheels need to be totaly stipped of paint and all and being aluminum no acid can be used. THEY USE A PROPANE TORCH TO STRIP AND IT IS LABOR INTENSIVE=$$.
Thanks for the input. Still not sure.

I have used sand paper on wheels before. Also sandblasting on some...but yeah it can get costly

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.