LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have 5 sets of the new B&G lowering springs for the 04,05 GTO in stock. Their are more sets on order but they won't be here for another 4-6 weeks so act fast if you want a set. The price is $219.95 and they lower the car 1.4" front/1.2" rear. To get an idea of what the car looks like lowered, this is what we have on our project car shown in the sig below. The ride quality is similar to OE with just a little more firmness. B&G increased the spring rates approximately 25% which makes a drastic improvement in the handling ability. As good as the car handles, we were suprised at how well they actually worked at the drag strip too. All around, this is a great improvement.

·
Registered
881 Posts
BMR Fabrication said:
We have 5 sets of the new B&G lowering springs for the 04,05 GTO in stock. Their are more sets on order but they won't be here for another 4-6 weeks so act fast if you want a set. The price is $219.95 and they lower the car 1.4" front/1.2" rear. To get an idea of what the car looks like lowered, this is what we have on our project car shown in the sig below. The ride quality is similar to OE with just a little more firmness. B&G increased the spring rates approximately 25% which makes a drastic improvement in the handling ability. As good as the car handles, we were suprised at how well they actually worked at the drag strip too. All around, this is a great improvement.
Do any other adjustments need to be made after installation of the springs?

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
these can be used w/o replacing the stock shocks/struts right? the reason i ask is b/c on the grand prix's i was told that if you replace the springs that the stock struts/shocks will wear out extremely fast.

·
LSX Motors Rock!
2,684 Posts
these can be used w/o replacing the stock shocks/struts right? the reason i ask is b/c on the grand prix's i was told that if you replace the springs that the stock struts/shocks will wear out extremely fast.
Yeah will you get alot of pogo effect with these?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No special struts necesarry. As for the pogo effect, we first had a set of springs from Australia(can't remember the name) that we put on our project car and they did have that "pogo" feel over bumps. Most of that is caused by a spring rate that is too high and the OE strut valving can't dampen it properly. B&G did extensive testing with rates to minimize this effect and the results are worthwhile.
On a side note, one thing to keep in mind is that the image of our car is slightly deceiving The springs don't actually lower the car as much as it looks in the sig. We have a battery in the trunk along with two 25lb. nitrous bottles. On top of this, the 19" wheel and tire combo is 1.2" taller than stock so it sits a little higher up into the wheelwell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts