LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the B&M shifter 4 months ago and it's been great - uprgraded the bolts as Juice12ufo recommended and have had no issues w/ leaks or broken bolts.
But, I had a lapse in thinking and did not use his advice on centering the shifter. Now it sits right under first gear - but will sit in the center if i push it over. Has not been an issue for me as I have become used to it but am worried when friends drive the car that they will misshift.

I want to know what others have done to center their B&M's???
I can not find the little spring supplied with the kit and so can't use Juice's recommendation. If I used just a washer - would that fix the centering issue?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Generally, just a washer will do.
The real problem is that the center of the B&M does not match the center of the trans. But the B&M has issues, and I'm sure you have read about those.

·
Premium Member
13,113 Posts
Yes a washer would fix it as that's what I did. I think I uses two of them which centered it correctly.

·
420 rwhp / 390 rwtq
1,218 Posts
proxses said:
The real problem is that the center of the B&M does not match the center of the trans
Why is that a problem? there is a reason why they made it adjustable.

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
first problem, let someone else drive your car! with your shifter you also recieved some extra springs, they are heavier than the one's that came in the shifter you put in. take one heavier spring in the left side of the shifter and that should bring the shifter over to the right where you might like it better.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikesgtoinvegas said:
first problem, let someone else drive your car! with your shifter you also recieved some extra springs, they are heavier than the one's that came in the shifter you put in. take one heavier spring in the left side of the shifter and that should bring the shifter over to the right where you might like it better.
I do have the springs, the spring is not supposed to be on the right side?

·
420 rwhp / 390 rwtq
1,218 Posts
jimntjames said:
That's two on the right side?
You have to increase the presprung force on the right spring tomove the handle to to right, which is what you want. I agree 2 or three on the right side should do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts