LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
DFCO ain't working
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my car back from the body shop. She got tagged by a branch from tropical storm Ernesto.
http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101909

I worked out a deal to replace my damaged hood with an 05/06 hood. Also removed the stripes that were on it since the day I bought it (6K miles). When the guy drove it around to the front of the building my mouth dropped. What a difference. Totally black from end to end and all nice and shiny. But the scoops...! I can't believe what a difference they made to the look of the front end. I had to look quickly at the license place to make sure it was my car because this was not at all what it looked like when I took it in. I couldn't be happier with the way it all turned out.

Hope the picks aren't to dark.

Attachments

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Looks great. Glad to see her all fixed up. I could not decide on anything aftermarket for a hood. Just could not find something straight, or clean enough to think it was all metal. The 05'/06' hood was a great choice. Now, with my painted calipers, hood, slpit exhaust, and 06' tails. I get alot of "is that an 06'?" All I need is that extra 50 hp.

·
Dirt Track Fan
158 Posts
Looks great! I felt the same way when I first had mine down. I couldn't believe the difference in the look.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks great!.....now if you can only stay away from the "Tropical Storm Mod." :p

·
Banned
3,872 Posts
I'm not trying to be a hater here or anything but how can you people say the car looks great? you can't even see it. his car could be keyscratched, dented or oversprayed everywhere and you couldn't even tell. hell, he could even be missing his grills and it would be hard to tell

I'm sure the car came out great but I have to laugh when everyone just throws out the :quoties: looks great:quoties: vibe just to make someone feel good. I'd rather be honest then just make someone feel good because it's the easy thing to do

now with that being said:soapbox: PUT UP SOME GOOD PICS, so we can see your newly minted ride!:patriot:

·
DFCO ain't working
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll post some new pics tomorrow.
I had just got home yesterday after picking it up and snapped a couple of pics. The light was marginal.

Anyways.. it looks really good. Right now I'm thinking I may not put stripes back on. With the stripes it was kind of a "fun" car. Now it has the look like its gonna wup some ass. :burnout:

·
king of the castle....
726 Posts
1969 SS said:
I'm not trying to be a hater here or anything but how can you people say the car looks great? you can't even see it. his car could be keyscratched, dented or oversprayed everywhere and you couldn't even tell. hell, he could even be missing his grills and it would be hard to tell

I'm sure the car came out great but I have to laugh when everyone just throws out the :quoties: looks great:quoties: vibe just to make someone feel good. I'd rather be honest then just make someone feel good because it's the easy thing to do

now with that being said:soapbox: PUT UP SOME GOOD PICS, so we can see your newly minted ride!:patriot:
Maybe everyone is happy to see the stripes are gone. :eek:

·
You Cant Take The Sky From Me
958 Posts
it's amazing how the little changes they made from 04 to 05 really made the car come alive, engine not withstanding. it went from a relative snoozer to a very nice albeit modest looking beast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts