LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost 2 years of saving a little money at a time and searching for the right goat I finally got one.

It will need some TLC but thats fine. The new gto is TR 05 6 speed with a 5.3 in it that im going to swap out for my old ls2.

Ill post some pictures later tonight.

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
Congratulations Spicey! Good luck on building the new beast up!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hadn't checked the old thread in a while...was really hoping you could piece the SRM back together as your photoshoots were one of the reasons that inspired me to buy a gto in a the first place. I wish I had as I saw an SRM roller on pittsburgh c/l back in late 2016 although they still wanted like $6 or 7k for it.

Look forward to seeing the TR though and hope it will suffice. I can't see the pictures due to photobucket but by any chance did the SAP Rear Bumper make it through the accident and if so do you plan on keeping??

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thankfully all of my sap parts lived to see another day. They both have a little rash but nothing unfixable. I do plan on putting all of my old stuff on the new car as soon as im back in florida.

I havnt posted any pictures of the new car because its all dusty and i wont be able to clean it until im back in florida in 2 weeks or so.

I presume your looking for a bumper lol!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah thankfully all of my sap parts lived to see another day. They both have a little rash but nothing unfixable. I do plan on putting all of my old stuff on the new car as soon as im back in florida.

I havnt posted any pictures of the new car because its all dusty and i wont be able to clean it until im back in florida in 2 weeks or so.

I presume your looking for a bumper lol!
I was more just seeing what your plans were but if it was for sale down the road I would definitely be interested.

The new torrid looks like it's in decent condition...not a huge fan of the black berger style panel not sure why that seems popular on these cars (i.e. my apologies if you liked it not trying to offend) but otherwise looks like it will make a nice project. How is the interior on it.

·
wHaT a LoVeLy DaY!
935 Posts
awesome, welcome back to the herd!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Weird spot for rust...

I had a good strut tower bar laying around and it went on so that relaxed my mind a bit. I also looked all around on both sides but didnt find anything alarming. Its right under the brake fluid res so maybe it pooled there causing the rust popping off the silicon?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A litte crash damage that wasnt seen until the bumper cover came off. Looks like a 5mph smoosh. The hood, bumper, fenders, crash bar, etc all line up beautifully still. Also it all appears to be original paint as they all have the same density of marring, sunfade, and rock chips. Using that information i can conclude it wasnt too "hard" of an impact or there should be a lot more replaced/damaged parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At least you scored on the headliner.

That rust by the framerail concerns me a little bit.
Yeah i dont know whats going on there. I looked at it forever but the metal appears to be straight, no new welds, and no other spots that are off. Im lucky to be able to reference my old car and see what "original" really is. It almost looks like somebody messed up putting the engine in and missed the hole at first

1 - 20 of 73 Posts