LS1GTO.com Forums banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Buttoned up the oil pan, rear cover, and timing cover. I also aligned the oil pump this time instead of just boliting it up. The MR Gasket tools made this pretty easy!

At this point everything is done on the engine besides the rockers on the other side. I plan to put it in the car between the 21st and 31st of next month. Maybe even get it driving?? We will see. I'm excited to see how the new hinson trans mount compliments the engine mounts.

Also does anyone have experience with duplicolor cast aluminum engine paint? This aluminum will never get cleaned up from the oil disaster that happened before so I'd like to just degrease and paint to make it look bright and pretty again.

Attachments

·
06 Cyclone GTO
3,494 Posts
Paint the engine Pontiac blue or SRM!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well guys its that time of year again. I'm going down to Florida to work on the Torrid Red car. I ordered everything I "think" I need to finish it up. I even ordered fluids for the engine, clutch, brakes, trans, and power steering so I have full intentions of trying to start and move the car labor day weekend. I will post pictures of whatever gets done.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Forgot to upload these last winter. The engine and trans are in the car with the headers. It all got pressure washed thats why it looks so much cleaner.

Disregard whatever the hell my brother is wearing he was trying to be funny haha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hurricane coming means I won't be going to Florida this weekend. Depending how the airline handles my tickets will determine when I can go again. : (

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Didn't take any pictures but work on the car for 3 days.

The harness is installed
Shifter on
Radiatior in
Intake on
Clutch bleed
trans and drive shaft installed
headers bolted down with the new gaskets
filled the trans with fluid
filled the power steering
filled the engine with oil
valve covers put on
spark plugs and coils installed
fixed the known issues on the body control harness
drained the fuel tank
russell braided line put on
mechanical oil gauge installed

Not much left to do but double check everything when I go down again for christmas and crank it

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Im nervous!

Oh one thing I forgot to mention is that the clip that connects the slave cylinder to the master cylinder got misplaced years ago. I think I remember not paying attention to where it went because I "Assumed" it was a standard part. That was very very wrong. So now I have to order it through VW becasue gm will only sell it with the line ($150). However if this helps someone in the future safety wire worked really well for a short fix. I won't be driving the car with the safety wire fix although I have no doubt its as good or better than the clip.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts