LS1GTO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
The guy who owns it is a member of this board, but I can't recall his nic. Isn't it great that with a 'mere mortal' amount of money, you can build a Supercar in your driveway, with just aptitude and tools ?

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
never heard of that guy before..............

RA7 GTO ;)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
but its not an 05 tho

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
stevenmalone said:
It looks like an 04'. If you look at the end of the video, it shows a single exit exhaust.
er go an 04 gto not an o5 j/k

·
Crack Open a Fresh Baileys
811 Posts
stevenmalone said:
All I can say is, if I get the money. I'm buying the package. If it's a repost, its for the people have haven't seen it. Here it is:
http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_0606_sf_standing_mile_gto/
You weren't at the HGH meeting where he showed up? :(
Hahaha, imagine bein' one of the poor souls who had to park next to him at a carshow. ;)

I got to drive next to him for a 1/10th of a second, before he rev'ed, tires broke completely loose for who knows how long and then he took off like a rocket in front of me. I wet my pants. :turbonaug

·
Registered
205 Posts
EEZGOAT said:
but its not an 05 tho
It is a 2005 - the single exhaust is because of the turbo.

At least, the guy at the beginning of the video said it is a 2005.

·
TREAD HERE. LIMP HOME.
265 Posts
Anybody want a ride?
For clarification, its definitely an '04 but with an LS2 block-based stroker. Also that 0-60 number of 4.8 sec is deceiving. It comes from the one standing mile run that was made, the same one you see in the video. As you can tell, he's really not driving it for acceleration times but was concentrating on the top speed. Believe me, 0-60 is quite a bit faster even on street tires. With a 3.07 gear and a Viper T56, it'll hit very close to 60 in first gear.
BTW, its making 775rwHP and 800rwtq on pump gas, street tuned and with methanol injection. Still does 25mpg at 75mph.

·
Gone but not forgoten
186 Posts
why wouldnt yo be able to put a ls2 in a 04 its the same dam car. we have the saem trannys, same everything but engines and ecu's

isnt there a few ls7 powered cars in the works on here

·
It's simple physics
3,733 Posts
RA7 GTO said:
Anybody want a ride?
For clarification, its definitely an '04 but with an LS2 block-based stroker. Also that 0-60 number of 4.8 sec is deceiving. It comes from the one standing mile run that was made, the same one you see in the video. As you can tell, he's really not driving it for acceleration times but was concentrating on the top speed. Believe me, 0-60 is quite a bit faster even on street tires. With a 3.07 gear and a Viper T56, it'll hit very close to 60 in first gear.
BTW, its making 775rwHP and 800rwtq on pump gas, street tuned and with methanol injection. Still does 25mpg at 75mph.
Word.

LR

Also, there's another one of these in the pipe; it's even blue.

·
street terrorist
711 Posts
thats an awesome car but a bit to steep of pricing for what you get for $75,000

·
Registered
582 Posts
sure.

but the car was created for a "billboard" purpose. not many people are going to do up their goat exactly as motorsportstech has. it's a calling card to demo how far and deep into tuning they can take a car. that GTO will probably make rounds at SEMA shows, for example.

more than likely, it would be highly impractical for daily use. a car of that calibre is nearly too powerful for pubilc road use. you'd have your license revoked before long with that car.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.