1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Omertà
5,305 Posts
+1...That was an outstanding commercial. Having a fun commercial like that banned, shows that the anal retentive nature of political correctness was hard at work.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

Unfortunately, the Darwin Award winners keep those things from being acceptable.
That's why we have safety caps on lighters, pills everything...including "light fuse and get away" on a firecracker.

Lol, our media censorship is because of these idiots, brought into this world by idiots...

Wash, rinse, repeat.

They could have changed the theme from "dream car" to "makes you feel like a kid" and have adults get out of the cars at the end, and I'll bet it woulda been ok.

·
wa6usa
298 Posts
What kid doesn't dream about having a Red Corvette? This commercial appealed to the kid in all of us that finally can get his dream.
WTF is wrong with that??? What dumb-ass thought this should have been banned.
There is NO HOPE for Western Civilization when the thought police take over:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
いいえ、それ&#
2,018,235 Posts
That was a great commercial, and it was too bad that they pulled it.

·
Transplanted Motor City dude
744 Posts
I actually got to see this on TV a few times before the big ban. It's one of the best GM product ads I can remember seeing since the WS6 ads of the late '90s. Censoring this was pure "protect you from yourself" stupidity at its worst.

·
Let's race, punk.
11,469 Posts
Why was it banned? And how far ago was it on, that was a C6 right?

·
Been here for a long time...
4,659 Posts
It was banned because a kid was driving. That would encourage other kids to try and drive cars.

Nice backward logic!

Pretty cool commercial when it came out.

·
Kitty Eating Corn is GOD!
744 Posts
yea that incourages them to attempt to put the car into gear, and drive. failure assed government, now it shouldnt be banned cause it makes kids wanna have the car, and maybe they will work at life rather then ask for the easy way out of everything

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
:ftw: I believe that was one of the Best G.M. ever put out.:judge: :judge:

·
NC Rogue Squadron
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GOATCRUISER said:
Why was it banned? And how far ago was it on, that was a C6 right?
I think it might have first run during the superbowl in 2005. If not then it was sometime around early January or late December.

·
THE ROKET WAS SOLD ON 6/22/14
9,794 Posts
They also said it could encourage some "kids" into stealing a car and copying the stunts that were done in the commercial.

And the other vid of the 5 year old girl driving, there's no way she's really driving that car. How would she reach the pedals? Even if it had those power pedals that adjust to your legs length they wouldn't come up that far. I'm just not convinced she's driving.

ROK

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
I remember that one. I loved it. Sucks it got banned. Don't really even know why. It had the right warnings at the beginning.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts