LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to find one clear photo of a Barbados Blue car. (more would be better). I think we've seen several of each of the other colors by now but nada on Barbados except those unclear shots of the cars on the carrier. Id even settle for a Monaro shot, just of that color. Any help? Besides, it will take my mind off no TPW yet!!!

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that one Ive seen too though. Hopefully one of the aussie readers will respond to our plight and attach a few photos of something painted Barbados Blue.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am with you guys! I have searched for the "rare" barbados color with no results. At least when I see one other than mine, I will know it is one of you too guys!

(I mean come on, with so many on the road, the guys with the red or black cars won't know is buying or renting!)

Barbados blue, the mystery color!

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant open the files on my darned dailup. Any smaler versions? Sure would be nice if the pontiac folks reading this would kindly post a few Barbados Blue photos.

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks TG for fixing this. First decent look at Barbados for me and Im glad I ordered it. To me its sort of a gunmetal blue color judging by the color of the tailpanel rather than the sides with the reflections. Hopefully somebody with some access can post a pic of a GTO this color soon. Has to be the rarest color, weve all seen the other colors. I bet the guys who thought the red was metallic like in some of the pontiac site photos are concerned as well.

·
Goatman
228 Posts
The paint chip attached has more green in it than the calais.
I don't think it will be this dark and true of a blue as the calais is. I think it will be closer to the Holden. But, the Holden doesn't look very metallic and is a little pale; I think.

:confused:

It's supposed to be a "new" color.
Waiting for a real Barbados Blue GTO pic...
:drink:

·
large member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went by the dealer yesterday to get them to write me up my order now that we know the price and while I was there they had the paint chip display with Barbados Blue on it. The chip is the same as the tail panel color in the Calais photo above, a metallic steel blue color. Looked real nice, I think it will look great on our cars, not boy-racer looking but classy.

·
Goatman
228 Posts
VelodromeRacer,

Since your at 5000 and have a VIN, we are expecting some good pics for you to share with all of us (especially the Barbados Blue members). I have a feeling your car will appear shortly.
Thanks,
6704GTO

·
Registered
386 Posts
That shade of Barbados does look really nice actually. I was afraid the shade shown in the brochure would remind me too much of that nasty teal green that GM went nuts with in the late eighties/early nineties, just a bit darker. But if it's that dark or close too it, that will be a nice color. Phantom Black for me anway, goes with everything ha ha.

·
Goatman
228 Posts
britus56 said:
That shade of Barbados does look really nice actually. I was afraid the shade shown in the brochure would remind me too much of that nasty teal green that GM went nuts with in the late eighties/early nineties, just a bit darker. But if it's that dark or close too it, that will be a nice color. Phantom Black for me anway, goes with everything ha ha.
I like to be a little different. Though, black was my second choice.

·
Addicted to torque
726 Posts
Twin Barbados Blue GTO's

This color is pretty close to the real thing. Mine is the one on the right. The one on the left belongs to DMonty. His is the only other BB I've seen around here although I have heard of a few more in this area.

Attachments

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
How bout these?

Attachments

·
GTOless
7,042 Posts
These are pictures of Bigman95Impala's GTO. This is the first time i saw the color up close and it looks awesome.

·
Addicted to torque
726 Posts
Its kinda hard to come up with an accurate color pic because the color changes according to the light. You almost have to see one in person to be able to form an opinion. Personally, I love the color.

·
I used ta could
514 Posts
juniorss, that reminds me of when my wheels were brand spankin' new!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts