LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the cruise set at 60 when I passed this Evo on HWY123. He revved and I slowed a bit to 55. We punch it at the same time and I get an automatic 1 car lead. He pulls very slowly and from starting at my back bumper at 60 he pulled to my door to 115. I pulled hard from then on and put about a car and a half on him til I shut down at 130. We pulled off at the next exit and he said his car was a low 12 sec car and after seeing the mods I wouldn't doubt it. I didn't know what the car was at first, it was debadged with some exterior stuff added. Hearing that BOV is a scary thing when you don't expect it.

SUMMARY: I edged out a modded evo from a 60 roll to 130. From a stop I would have likely got my ass handed to me. My car is stock too so I felt great after he showed me his times.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice post and kill, have to love the top end on these cars. 60 is an Evo's sweet spot on the highway.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really thought those cars were stoplight racers. I was definitely surprised how hard evo's can pull from a roll.

·
I do cocaine!
4,977 Posts
Nice Kill! Youre right though, from a dig, you would've been in trouble.

·
Registered
582 Posts
nice account. Evos can be a toss up. you may never know what the owners have done to them. mild tunes on Evos can make a very lethal foe. you did excellently from the roll kill.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
mad props, hey think of it this way, if you wouldn't have beat him, you could've always thrown it in 6th and beat him in gas mileage, damned engien revs are like at 2k in 6th doing 100mph haha

·
Banned
868 Posts
There's a pretty big group of EVO's around my area that run in the 11's. I try to stay away from them but when I do bump into them I cheat by taking off on the second honk...LOL

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Chi-Town Goat said:
There's a pretty big group of EVO's around my area that run in the 11's. I try to stay away from them but when I do bump into them I cheat by taking off on the second honk...LOL

hahahah, you turd. I bet they just sit there wondering WTF? too huh. lololol

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Sounds like a great race.

As you mentioned, he probably does run low 12s. Any WRX, STi or EVO that can hang with an LS2 GTO at 100+ mph is very fast in the 1/4 mile. My modded WRX (trapped 108 mph) ran pretty much dead even with stock LS1 z28s (from a roll). But in a race from a dig, they were an easy kill by several cars or more.
(8.1 sec 1/8 mile).

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
nice kill

I love beating evo,s and sti's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts