LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dynamated the whole trunk + rear deck, all rattles are fixed exept for the trunk vents. the screen flaps are really annoying. im thinking of taking it off and fill the hole with dynamat so no debris can get in. yay or nay?

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts
Had the same problem with a Durango.

I figured there were two choices,
remove them or accept it - can't hear it from inside :)

Maybe try a small piece of Dynamat on the flap and some thin (1/8" think) weatherstripping from Lowes around the metal side of the car? That was the third option I had, but then again I couldn't hear it inside and judges din't knock off points for it.

·
Got Zydrate?
2,450 Posts
Lothar34 said:
Trunk flaps?
typically behind the rear lights. They are there so when the last door is closed and all the windows are up, the door will shut. Also allows outside air to come in when the windows are up too.

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ross said:
Had the same problem with a Durango.

I figured there were two choices,
remove them or accept it - can't hear it from inside :)

Maybe try a small piece of Dynamat on the flap and some thin (1/8" think) weatherstripping from Lowes around the metal side of the car? That was the third option I had, but then again I couldn't hear it inside and judges din't knock off points for it.
thats what im leaning on. i cant hear it from the inside but outside, its really crappy. the rear seats wall has enough holes to let the air through when i shut the trunk. plus the stock subs are off.

·
got goat milk?
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lothar34 said:
I thought you could get to those from inside the trunk?
you can access it from inside the truck, but the vent itself pops out towards the bumper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts