LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Blessed from above..
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any GTO's in Baton Rouge?

I'm heading down for a buisness trip next week, just curious if we have representation down there?

Thanks

Rick

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Oui Oui!

I am in the general vicinity...How long are you in town for? I suspect that you will be flying and not driving your goat? If our schedules work out, we could hookup and grab something to eat if you are up for it.

I will be in Houston on Wednesday and Thursday for work. I will be flying with the rest of the project team. However, I will be driving to Houston for my wife's checkup on 09/25/06 at MD Anderson. The thing is, I will be driving the Xterra because we can fold down the seats for her travel comfort.

-K

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hope your wife comes out good. I am from Baton Rouge. Tell you wife that MD Anderson is a good hospital. I of my aunts were treated there and both were cured. She is in good hands there. I will pray for her.
p.s This is ls2redgto's wife. I snuck on his computer forums.

·
1,401 Posts
gto06ls2 said:
Hope your wife comes out good. I am from Baton Rouge. Tell you wife that MD Anderson is a good hospital. I of my aunts were treated there and both were cured. She is in good hands there. I will pray for her.
p.s This is ls2redgto's wife. I snuck on his computer forums.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. We have been doing business with MD Anderson for 5 years now...bone marrow transplant in '01, stem cell transplant in '04, and various hospitalizations for complications associated with treatment.

I don't think that my wife would ever hit any GTO Forum. I suspect that she is sick of having to look at GTO pictures and videos, and listening to GTO exhaust sound clips. With this being said, she does like to watch Wrp's videos. ;)

-K

·
Blessed from above..
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm flying down Tuesday, will only be in town Wed. through Fri., and flying home on Saturday. Sorry to hear about your familys medical issues.
Dosn't look like we'll be able to meet. Any recomendations on places to eat while in town? Those must try places?

Best Wishes
Rick

PS My wife sneaks on here and reads too. I dont think she has posted that I know of...lol. From your sig. Nice Car!!!

·
1,401 Posts
Rick05GTO said:
I'm flying down Tuesday, will only be in town Wed. through Fri., and flying home on Saturday. Sorry to hear about your familys medical issues.
Dosn't look like we'll be able to meet. Any recomendations on places to eat while in town? Those must try places?

Best Wishes
Rick

PS My wife sneaks on here and reads too. I dont think she has posted that I know of...lol. From your sig. Nice Car!!!
Well, that certainly sucks...you fly into town and I fly out. I am not sure I can recommend anything in terms of must try places because I don't know what you might be interested in eating. If it is South Louisiana cuisine you want, there was a restaurant named Mulates, but the name has changed and I cannot recall its new name. I don't care for a lot of what is served in the local restaurants. Perhaps this is because I have been spoiled by people who really know how to cook the food. However, there was a place in Livonia named Joe Dreyfus' (sp) that used to be pretty good, but I haven't been there in years. Livonia is about 40 minutes away from Baton Rouge. Copelands on Essen Lane is not too bad, but because it is right next door to my place of employment, it has become ho-hum.

-K

P.S. Of course you realize that a stock PBM GTO is 5% faster than any other stock GTO by virtue of its color. ;)

·
Created in hatred
13,114 Posts
LA_Phantom said:
Of course you realize that a stock PBM GTO is 5% faster than any other stock GTO by virtue of its color. ;)
You are a truly wise man...I knew our cars were fastest.

·
1,401 Posts
Spyral said:
You are a truly wise man...I knew our cars were fastest.
LOL! Did I say 5%? I meant 15%...yeah that's the ticket. ;)

-K

·
Blessed from above..
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Phamtom Black is awesome, but I find I am constantly washing it.
But its worth the effort. I took 3rd place in the Eastern Pontiac Regionals up here, there were 8 new GTO's entered. 1st Place was a decked out IBM, but 2nd & 3rd PBM.
My 1st trophy with my car. I bought it the end on May, this year, and that was only the second event I entered it in, so I'm 50% wins with it...lol.

Yeah its a quick visit for me, sorry I will miss you.

I was hoping to get some real Creole food, I lived in Biloxi for a while, good food, just wanted to remind myself of how good the food is down there.

·
Blessed from above..
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give ya this is sure is beautiful in Baton Rouge this time of year. The weather here today is awesome.

·
1,401 Posts
Rick05GTO said:
I'll give ya this is sure is beautiful in Baton Rouge this time of year. The weather here today is awesome.
You are exactly right. I thought you were coming into town tomorrow.

I could have sworn that I posted an additional restaurant for you to try. The name of the restaurant is Boutin's, and it is located on Bluebonnet.

Hope you have a great stay...i'm on my way to Houston tomorrow.

-K

·
Blessed from above..
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I check into the restraunt, and have yourself a safe trip.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts