LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Do I own a GTO or vice versa?
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, figured I'd share a win that may help others. I had a battery terminal get all corroded and fall apart on me at a pretty crappy time so the hunt began for a replacement. Not wanting to pay $40ish for ACDelco, I searched for alternatives. In looking at the part number on the bottom of the old one, (7134-5137-10) and doing some cross referencing, this is actually a shared p/n with Nissan. I found the factory replacement one with Nissan branding for $9.99 on Amazon and had it in my hands the next day. Put it on, works like a charm and fits like factory as you can see in the pic below. The only down side is that it doesn't come with the nut for the stud but it's otherwise a steal compared to what GM wants for them. Hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
awesome

I bought one of the pricey GM ones last year, nice to see an alternative, thanks!

·
Manufacturing Engineer
130 Posts
Funny, I did the same thing last year. Except my research lead me to a Toyota part that I also sourced from Amazon for the same $10 price.

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
I've heard Toyota option fits fine as said above, there's definitely options out there aside from AC Delco. I bit the bullet and got delco ones, I didn't want to risk any fitment issues and credit card points paid for them anyway.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts

I've used the marine ones twice with no issues. I had to put a crimp terminal on the small wire that goes to positive (it's the excitation voltage for the alternator), but otherwise it all works as it should. I did replace the wing nuts with nylon locking nuts so they don't come loose. It actually makes the process of disconnecting the battery very simple, since you can remove only the nut and not the terminal from the battery. Plus, just about any auto parts store has them.

·
1 of 262
10,313 Posts

I've used the marine ones twice with no issues. I had to put a crimp terminal on the small wire that goes to positive (it's the excitation voltage for the alternator), but otherwise it all works as it should. I did replace the wing nuts with nylon locking nuts so they don't come loose. It actually makes the process of disconnecting the battery very simple, since you can remove only the nut and not the terminal from the battery. Plus, just about any auto parts store has them.
I did the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts