LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just joined this site tonight but have been visiting for a short while. A co-worker has been talking the last few weeks about deals on the 04 GTO. We both finally drove one tonight, WOW, what an awesome car! I keep reading about these deals but so far nothing doing. We visited 2 dealer in northern NJ so far have been giving a price of $28110 and $28500. Granted it a lot better then $33K :eek2: but we're tying to get one for around $26-26,500. Has anyone in NJ have any luck with such a deal? We are both ready to buy now!

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
GMBuyPower is your friend.
invoice price WAS $31,7 for the A4, and around $31,2k for the M6 (GM employee prices were $30,248 and under $30k, respectively). Supposedly GM is doing something which allows dealers to sell under their invoice price without affecting their holdback - not sure what.
Presently $3500 off if you finance with GMAC (not to mention the low 0.9/36, 1.9/48 and 2.9/60 finance rates), and dealers *may* still have some $500 certificates to throw in to clinch the deal - that's what brings you down to $26-$26,5.

You've just got to query a bunch of nearby dealers via GM BuyPower and see what cars they have, and iif they respond...

·
Premium Member
6,768 Posts
Don't forget the extra $1k in GMS pricing incentive from GMAC. The $27k OTD price sounds about right (depends upon M6 vs. A4, if you're trading in, and what the sales tax is where you live).

--Robert

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both dealers we went to had no certificates left, they have to wait till next month or so they say. They don't seem to be in any hurry to sell these car at any "special" price.

·
Seriously?
1,606 Posts
Just have patience and keep waiting, I'll bet in the next couple of months, probably closer to mid December, you might be able to get one for $25-ish or so.

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree, just have to be patience. I already have the catback/CAI and DR's ready to be installed (I haven't bought them yet), but will be making the calls when I get this car! Going down to central Jersey tomorrow to check out some more cars.

·
Registered
7 Posts
WickedGoat said:
Just have patience and keep waiting, I'll bet in the next couple of months, probably closer to mid December, you might be able to get one for $25-ish or so.
I hope you're right. If that's the case, I'll be ready to buy by the end of november.

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We're still looking for the right deal, starting to become a hassle going to different dealerships. Nobody has gone below 27500. Is there any dealer in NJ going lower or are we reaching here?

·
Seriously?
1,606 Posts
The best price I got at a Jersey dealer was "around $28,950", verbally, just talking with a salesman, at Triboro Pontiac in Cinnaminson, NJ. They were one of the many dealers selling them for $5000 over MSRP back in the beginning. That price included the $3500 financing rebate. Just keep patient......... keep an eye out in December, I have a good feeling for some reason....

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been to 4 dealers so far and the best was 27500. :banghead: There is a dealer in East Brunswick that, according to GMbuypower, has 9 GTO's. I'm going there Saturday to see what they offer. Just hope Sept incentives carry over into Oct!

·
Just Having Fun!
1,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IT'S OFFICIAL! I'M the proud new owner of a black/black 6spd GTO! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
I pick it up on Thursday and this was the last one on the lot. I'm feeling a little ill right since signing myself into more debt on top of my house. But you know I don't care, I own a new GTO! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
welcome aboard nutiger! Just try and wipe that smile away! :D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts