LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have posted a few clips on here already with the catback. Here is the one from the same night. There is some background noise so please ignore it. The first part is all stock, the end is with the catback. I know you can hear people talking, it is my buddy and I, yes we were giddy like school girls, but we love the way it sounds. Sorry for the echoing and other random noises.

GTO before and after exhaust

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Sounds good. Stock manifolds and cats?

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,631 Posts
Ya it does sound sweet...

How does it sound when you really get on the gas? You didnt really rev it in the garage...

Is it a complete stainless steel setup?

Are the tips similar to stock? Meaning, are they beveled like stock, or rolled or sharp-cut?

Their site shows 2 different setups for 05-06 GTOs. Is one of them actually a side exit? So you got the other one....?

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I got the catback rear exit. The tips are slash cut just like you would see on the SLP LM setup. I do like the beveled looks of the stock though. I do not believe it is stainless steel, I think it is aluminized steel. It sounds good when you get on it in my opinion. Have not heard anyone say they did not like it. I have other clips in the forum that have me getting on it. one of them is Spintech Catback

Let me know if you have more questions. Everything is stock but the CAI and the catback. Stock mids and manifolds still on it.

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,631 Posts
thanks for the additional link... and it does sound titty when you get on it.

any performance change with them? their website makes pretty high claims...

aluminized... so, it will eventually rust, right?

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I paid $650 to my door for that setup. I got it from a guy who works with spintech, not at, but with. I can pass along the info if you would like. Well aluminum is not to bad. Salt and aluminum is BAD. Airplanes are made of aluminum, how many rusted out planes to you see? It will not last as long as stainless though, and I can admit that. Assuming it is taken care of, it will last atleast the length of a stock system on most cars, and usually a little longer. I would worry about the mufflers failing first. My flows only last about 4 year, maybe less.

·
whats under the hood? stock..
825 Posts
pass on the info

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PM sent.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
sounds good, how much more noise is there in the cabin of the car. One thing I like about the GTO's is that stock its pretty quiet inside the car. I always worry that adding catback will get a nasty droning sound in the rear of the car.. so is it still relatively quiet inside even with the catback?

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh yeah, It sounds good in the car. I can have the windows up, have the radio at 25 and still talk in a normal voice. You can here a nice little rumble behind you but it is nothing like the SLP LM or LMII that you could put on the Camero and Firebird. I am not trying to talk over the exhaust, or have to turn the radio so loud to were I can not hear it and then have to talk over it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds mean. Is that somewhere in between Borla and LM/LMII? Guessing that it is.

If I end up with that sound after adding LTs to my Borla CB I'll be pleased.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts