LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the SLP underdrive pulley installed and recently I noticed when the car is cold or if I've just washed it the belts squeak terribly, is there anything I can do about this? I couldn't really see any adjustment for the tension. I thought maybe there was something you could treat the belts with to stop the squeak. It doesn't always do it but when it does it drowns out the nice rumble of the exhaust.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Correct, it has a spring tensioner. No adjustment. Tensioners do go bad but not on a new car.

Spray some silicone spray on the belt with the engine running (generously for 2-3seconds), see how that goes. Their is proper belt dressing spray but its just silicone spray. Other possibility is the belt is too long. If its only happening when cold I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Haven't had the squeaky belt problem for years, but every time I did the spray always solved the problem.

·
No Problemo
731 Posts
I went with Goodyear Gatorback belts when I did u/d pulleys on my truck. They tend to squeak less then Dayco or other belt manfacturers.

Anyone know what length the new serp belt is for a u/d pulley?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts