LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished adding the Holden Berlina 4-door rear trunk/boot garnish that matches the Holden Monaro style taillights and installs on the 2-door Monaro/GTO trunk/boot. Other than having to have the small piece of body finish painted to match my impulse blue, the swap was super easy, and making a short wiring harness to add another set of running/brake lights was a simple task. Tag light was a simple plug. Now my GTO has a distinct look from the rear that you can't quite place. Thanks to those who helped me confirm that the 4-door rear trunk/boot lid is the same as the 2 door so I was able to know this was going to work

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
That looks very unique. Def stands out. Nice!

Think it would look great on SRM.

Maybe, a small duck bill spoiler to complete the unique look. That's a nice looking rear window spoiler. What's that all about.

·
GR-RRR!
6,925 Posts
Makes it look unique for a GTO, but reminds me of any number of Japanese cars from the early 1990's. The 240sx comes to mind, or the Celica. To my eye it makes the GTO design look even older than it is. I like the tail lights, just not in love with the trunk lid piece.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Makes it look unique for a GTO, but reminds me of any number of Japanese cars from the early 1990's. The 240sx comes to mind, or the Celica. To my eye it makes the GTO design look even older than it is. I like the tail lights, just not in love with the trunk lid piece.

View attachment 510592

View attachment 510593
Couldn't have said it better. Subaru is what immediately came to mind.

·
GR-RRR!
6,925 Posts
Couldn't have said it better. Subaru is what immediately came to mind.
I was thinking Subaru too but couldn't quickly find a relevant picture.

It is actually a lot more like the original Holden Monaro Concept Coupe look. Maybe it is the GTO wing that is interrupting the look since it looks pretty good on the Concept Coupe with no wing. I actually really like the GTO wing, had a lip spoiler and put the GTO wing back on after a year, but in this instance and as mentioned earlier, that rear treatment may look even better without the GTO wing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually feel the middle piece connecting the left and right rear lights is kind of a Pontiac think, reminds me of the 60's Pontiacs up through the Trans Ams, so even on my old brazen orange I thought the lights needed to be continuous. Plus I just like that nobody else really has them, and it was all done using factory gm parts. The trunk is a few pounds heavier but it still pops open.

Attachments

·
LOVE'N LIFE
14 Posts
I would not recognize it if I saw it on the street, blacked out is still recognizable GTO with a twist, I like it but would be a waste of time on my pbm blacked out until you hit the brakes

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don't think I would do it because I don't prefer extra "red" in the back from big taillights but it is super, super unique. Good job doing it and researching it. From 10 car lengths back I would swear that is not a GTO that is how different it looks.

I think our cars look really odd without a spoiler.

·
Worthless reject member
49,255 Posts
i think it would look cool with more modest colors, like darker greys, blues, maybe even burgundy. Maybe even if they were blood red instead of bright red.

GTO colors were generally flashy tho.

wonder how it looks on a PBM or a CGM.

·
Worthless reject member
49,255 Posts
I was thinking Subaru too but couldn't quickly find a relevant picture.

It is actually a lot more like the original Holden Monaro Concept Coupe look. Maybe it is the GTO wing that is interrupting the look since it looks pretty good on the Concept Coupe with no wing. I actually really like the GTO wing, had a lip spoiler and put the GTO wing back on after a year, but in this instance and as mentioned earlier, that rear treatment may look even better without the GTO wing.

View attachment 510594
that don't look bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts