LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
798 Posts
entertaining..... and a lot more realism to it then some of the chases you see in movies these days.

·
165 MPH club
620 Posts
from what I remember I think they filmed that entire chase in one take. I wish they would film "real" chases like that for movies nowadays.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I dont think there is anyway it is in one take. . notice around 2:10 or so they pass the same green VW bug like three times and a yellow car of some kind over and over again thru the hills.

yeah after watching it again.. you will notice that they show the same sence from differnt angles like three times..

·
Registered
582 Posts
if my memory serves correctly, mcqueen and the driver of the black charger both drive their own cars, too. the driver of the black car is a professional driver/actor. as well as mcqueen. best chase scene ever filmed, IMHO.

as well, in the documentary, it states that the cars were actually driven well over 100mph --no effects were used to crank the film. the cars are actually shot at speed. and i think it actually took several weeks to shoot that scene.

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
Dang! I forgot about the dramatic ending to that one.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
so much tq man thats bad ass. no such thing as a posi back than. one black strip going down the road

·
|G|et |T|urned |O|n
1,605 Posts
Ahhh that raw 60's/70's sound makes me want to finally do the exhaust right....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anyone else see the blue 69-70 GTO judge in one of the shots?
Very cool chase and not bad for old suspension handling.

·
Banned
2,899 Posts
Musashi_GTO said:
Anyone else see the blue 69-70 GTO judge in one of the shots?
Very cool chase and not bad for old suspension handling.
ya. it was dark, but the hoodscoops made it stick outl

·
LS1/GTONAA License plate #20
490 Posts
I'd never seen that before. Great scene, man, did suspention suck back then or what? :D

·
Boiler Up!
186 Posts
I love how they pass that green bug like 20 times...that and the charger looses 5 hub caps during the chase.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts