LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
500RWHP and 530RWTQ
1,067 Posts
I have drag bags..they helped quite a bit but I still have a decent amount of wheelhop. I also have the rear diff insert as well.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
I put in some pedder springs in, that took care of most of it. I have the bags just thought I'd try the springs alone first. it's even getting better the more I ware the tires down, tring to get the tires more even. they wher worn pretty bad on the inside. plus with the springs she rides 200% better, 400% around tunrs. mite allso try new tires before the bags, just don't want to cut the bumper stops. because the dealer will not cover anything that happins to the suspention. and that came from the friends that I have down there.(want to buy some bags)lol

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Cross member bushings, Koni's, and a Harrop rear cover has done it for me.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
I'm waiting for one of our resident suspension guru's to chime in. Drag bags worked for me but to correctly fix this issue I'm not exactly sure whats required.

By correctly I mean the drag bags are a great way to do it on the cheap but if one takes the time and additional expense to upgrade some of the suspension components you won't have hop and you'll have a better setup rearend. Guru's feel free to chime in at any time;)

Edit: LOL, It looks like while I was typing BillyGoat sent the answer.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
Cross member bushings, Koni's, and a Harrop rear cover has done it for me.
I agree, was tring to attach a site to them. my self will be going with the pedders x-member bushings and a cradle alignment at the same time since the bolts tty bolts (one time use) torque to yeild 90. for the set.

·
110% Stock... :D
2,085 Posts
I have drag bags and just installed some rear crossmemeber bushings. The bushings did more then the drag bags did IMO. No wheel hop yet and the car seems to launch better as well. No rubbing or anything as with only the bushings. I'm taking the drag bags out for good and just going with some 0 drop 50% stiffer Pedders springs and the bushings.

Don't get me wrong the drag bags are a good cheap fix as well, though bushings/springs are a better way to go if you got the money IMO.

·
06 m6
164 Posts
Unknown said:
I have drag bags and just installed some rear crossmemeber bushings. The bushings did more then the drag bags did IMO. No wheel hop yet and the car seems to launch better as well. No rubbing or anything as with only the bushings. I'm taking the drag bags out for good and just going with some 0 drop 50% stiffer Pedders springs and the bushings.

Don't get me wrong the drag bags are a good cheap fix as well, though bushings/springs are a better way to go if you got the money IMO.
thats what I was thinking, also have the 0 drop springs. they are great. they did lift the car about 1 1/2" but my springs were pretty weak ( only 6400mi). If your trying to stay around the same hight, you mite look into the 1/2" drop ones. seen a set instaled on a car that was running 275 on the back and still didn't rub. mite do my bushings this weekend. trying to locate a diff cover to.

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
I have the pedders track 2 and I can make it hop a little if I actually try. But for just normal racing it won't do it.

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Bushings are a must for hop. I have only limited the amount of hop with drag radials on, and drag bags, sway bar, and sub frame bushings. Lower control arm bushings, and a rear bushing insert, or Harrop cover would help me alot more.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The x-member bushings did jack for my wheelhop, so take it for what it's worth. I have a diff insert waiting to go in, and will eventually be doing 0 drop springs and some struts.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Pedders Tracks II and I still get hop.
Drag bags are the best bang for buck anti-hop medicene you can get.

·
Drives With Hands
406 Posts
Those of you with drag bags, how often do you find yourselves changing the air pressure and when?

·
Need To Drive More
1,475 Posts
Installed drag bags, wheel hop

Installed SLP sway bar, wheel hop

Installed Konis, no wheel hop

Ding ding ding! We have a winner.

Not sure if all the pieces work together or it really was the Konis. 4k clutch drop at the track/street with DR's, no wheel hop. Bags filled to 22lbs, sway bar on tightest setting, shocks on full stiff, 18lbs in tires.

Still hops in the rain.

Awaiting Pedders full rear bushings then a rear cradle alignment. We'll see then.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts