LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
I made 530rwhp on the stock pump, but would not recommend it. You can make a Walbro 255 fit in which should be good for 600rwhp, or just put a BAP on the stock pump.

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
how much for the magna volt? seem to see only aero and msd. i don't find anyone selling magna volt. do have to buy it straight from magnuson? sorry didn't mean thread jack. but a 255 pump will be fine. i am running vortech 255 pump and # 42 inj. and dyno tuned at 520 rwhp

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
mikesgtoinvegas said:
how much for the magna volt? seem to see only aero and msd. i don't find anyone selling magna volt. do have to buy it straight from magnuson? sorry didn't mean thread jack. but a 255 pump will be fine. i am running vortech 255 pump and # 42 inj. and dyno tuned at 520 rwhp
A few guys have reported some problems with the Magnavolt. There are several guys running the Kenne Bell problem free.

·
6 Speed 10 sec Club
582 Posts
I am now running a Walbro 255 and a Magnavolt. I go the Magnavolt from Lingenfelter. I researched all the problems people were having with the Magnavolt and I just made sure I ran a larger ground directly to the battery. We'll see how it holds up, but I should be good for 700rwhp now as far as fuel goes. Gotta get back to the dyno and up the boost.

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
HydroStream6 said:
I am now running a Walbro 255 and a Magnavolt. I go the Magnavolt from Lingenfelter. I researched all the problems people were having with the Magnavolt and I just made sure I ran a larger ground directly to the battery. We'll see how it holds up, but I should be good for 700rwhp now as far as fuel goes. Gotta get back to the dyno and up the boost.
I would not count on 700rwhp with just a walbro and a magnavolt. That is asking a lot of that little pump, and 3/8" line.

·
gotta love a gto
1,096 Posts
i went back on the dyno yesterday to see what i have left. i am 90% duty cycle on 42s and fuel pressure started dropping off at 6500 rpm. i am about to cam it and put headers on, and with the setup i've got i will run out of fuel, so i need to upgrade to 55s and a pump booster. my hp was 512 tqw was 438 just one pull

1 - 8 of 8 Posts