LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been researching to see which large double d video setup has the best ipod interface. Any suggestions? Alpine? Pioneer? ??? The Alpine IVA-W200 looks pretty good- Navigation not important- option to add later seems common on newer units-

·
Where are the women and booze
2,089 Posts
Alpine Full Speed (KCE-422i) works w/ IVA-W200 is the BEST (and I use that term VERY RARELY) iPOD interface I have seen (and that includes Kenwood, Peripherial, Pioneer, Jensen, Clarion all of them)...period /thread

·
Registered
871 Posts
I haven't used it, but heard that the iPOD integration on the new Eclipse AVN6600 is complete and easy to use

·
Jack's Smirking Revenge
256 Posts
Thull is spot on. I've demo'd several and the avn-6600 has the best display (artist, album, playlist,etc) and user interface, in my opinion. I've got one on order. However, if you have a video i-pod and don't mind waiting until spring, my buddy in the car audio industry tells me that Alpine has a head unit and ipod adapter coming out that will be the first to transfer video straight from the ipod.

·
goat lover
212 Posts
alpine's ipod interface works great and is extremely fast compared to everything else i tried. i haven't gotten to use the eclipse decks yet so i can't really comment on those

·
Registered
226 Posts
+1 Alpine IVA-W200

I've got the Alpine IVA-W200 primarily for the iPod interface. It's very fast and very user friendly. You can also add a portable Alpine Blackbird nav unit later for much less than the ridiculously expensive trunk mounted nav setup at a later time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts