LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I'm going to need a new bumper. There are tons of bumpers to choose from. Which is the best looking? I want opinions and pictures. Also, keep in mind that I will have the Woodward hood.

Thanks!

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
I wish I could find a price list on these things.

I like the lower of the monaro 05 front on JHP's site. But the emblem area is round nad has an HSV emblem. I want to keep my arrowhead. I like the fogs on this one the best.

The CV8 kit looks like it could sport the arrowhead well, but the grilles look rice to me.

So Im kinda stuck myself.

I like this-

http://www.gtolocker.com/temp/gto/02.jpg

save the round area behind the arrowhead. I wonder if that plastic piece it mounts to can come off and could it be mounted to the mesh? If so thats what I would want.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good pic Borsig, that even has my new hood.

I am considering the DM one as well, or the Versus SF1.

I have e-mailed JHP to find out the cost of the Coupe 4 body kit. If it's not too outrageously expensive that would be killer. Especially the flared fenders.

Are there any particular ones that have known quality control issues?

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Im very leary of JHP's prices on body stuff... Im betig they dont post prices for a reason.

Im sure I wont be able to afford it.

·
Registered
14,990 Posts
cost of the coupe4 kit is crazy...then you have to cut the fenders to install the things. The cost parts wise over the HSV GTO is not a ton more but install cost is alot higher more complicated.

Then add custom offset wheels to take advantage of the extra room.

At least the coupe4 uses the same headlights as the US spec. car and not the older ones. So that saves you about $500.

·
Non Denominational Car Nut
2,347 Posts
the hsv front bar will run you around a grand plus 350-500 shipping,
add in another 7-800 for the headlights,foglights grilles and GTO badge..
You need to disassemble your stock lights and use the lenses from the HSV and
you also need to get the HSV bumper clips as the stock ones wont work..
Youll also need to dicth the side badges and get the original side marker lights as
the aussie bumpers dont have the holefor the sidemarkers.
Figure around $2500 plus paint by the time your done..
Is it worth it?
Fukk yeah..

·
Registered
335 Posts
Borsig said:

I like the lower of the monaro 05 front on JHP's site. But the emblem area is round nad has an HSV emblem. I want to keep my arrowhead. I like the fogs on this one the best.

The CV8 kit looks like it could sport the arrowhead well, but the grilles look rice to me.

I like this-

save the round area behind the arrowhead. I wonder if that plastic piece it mounts to can come off and could it be mounted to the mesh? If so thats what I would want.

I just ordered the front bumber in th pic and it was $1400 shipped. I didn't think that was too bad.

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
1400??? Youre serious? I was thinking more like 500 would be reasonable.

1400 bucks??? Thats....... well like I said.... Cant afford it.

I will keep my rude comments on the price to myself.

Good luck with it man, it looks awesome. Looks like I will be staying stock for that price.

·
2,347 Posts
Borsig said:

Good luck with it man, it looks awesome. Looks like I will be staying stock for that price.
Considering the shipping cost (its insane) plus the grilles and fogs it sound
reasonable especially if he bought it all together. You can get a little cheaper by shopping around but not much.

·
05' CGM GTO
3,548 Posts
is that a one piece bumper or an add on lip, isee the ceam so i hope its an addon. Please posta better pic if you have one you cant see much in that one. not to mention i hope you car is lowerd, that lip is only about an inch of the ground in that picture which ruins any possible lowering of the car.

·
2,347 Posts

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not as low as the pic makes it look. You'll notice the driveway bends right at the left of the pic, so what you see is the clearance remaining over a sloped surface. That and the SF1 are nearly identical. They both add a splitter to an otherwise stock bumper. If I can't afford the Coupe 4 kit I'll probably end up with one of those.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
here ya go

·
Registered
335 Posts
Borsig said:

Shipping from Australia is the killer but I only know of one that may be coming up for sale on here and they aren't readily available so if I want it I have to pay the ridiculous shipping cost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Borsig said:

I like this-

orange?!! me want :(

·
Drive Hybrid, More Gas For Me
45 Posts
Crisisman said:
It's not as low as the pic makes it look. You'll notice the driveway bends right at the left of the pic, so what you see is the clearance remaining over a sloped surface. That and the SF1 are nearly identical. They both add a splitter to an otherwise stock bumper. If I can't afford the Coupe 4 kit I'll probably end up with one of those.
I'm plannin' on doin' the coupe 4 kit in decemberish, just so you know it'll set ya back roughly 8K. Start saving!

P.S. That doesn't include any fitment or paint pricing, that's just shipped over!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts