LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Shopping around for wheels, need ideas. Most likely going Gunmetal VMR V710's.
Interested to see what other people are running before I make a purchase:ninja:
There is not really a best or #1. To me it just needs to flow with the car. I have a QSM with gloss black accents so I went with Beyern rapp gloss black with machined face. To me it flows perfectly with mine but on other cars it may not work.

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,542 Posts
Best looking wheels on the GTO?
That's about the most subjective question there is for this car. I myself think most aftermarket wheels look like poop and prefer my stock 17's. Most people hate the stock 17's. That's why there is no good answer for your question. Just look around, google, and see what you like best. There are also multiple wheel threads on here with people posting pics of different style of rims.

·
2006GTO M6 dd-drag-roadcourse
1,542 Posts

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
Best looking? Yeah, that's entirely subjective, so there is no correct answer to that question.

What I'm running:

CCDubs

Attachments

Reactions: vanrah

·
Administrator
9,200 Posts
For sure. Stock 18's are just classy.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Yup, the factory 18s are the default go to wheel. Anything else depends on color, spoiler or not, height etc, I think. For the classier not so aggressive Look, I'm going with 19" BMR VB3s. If they turn out to be too firm for my poly suspension I'll sell and widen the 18s on my CGM.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Just like the others have said. It all depends what flows with the car. I think it is more than wheels. You have to have the right size wheel front and rear, offset, tire size width and sidewall profile and suspension stance of the car. All has to go together. I have a set of widened polished factory 18s and the C6 widened wheels. Works for the Barbados.

Attachments

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Personally like the Weld Rts's the best on these cars but I cant imagine dropping that much $$$ on a set of wheels. I am actually waiting until black friday to order the vmr's lol

1 - 20 of 61 Posts