LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the best setup would be as far as long tubs and full exhaust performance wise. And would a 3 inch exhaust be pointless on a NA car?

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
any sites that sell full exhaust system for the 06 gto

· Kahuna Bill
723 Posts
Dude, you have a 2.5" dual exhaust system from the factory. You dont need any more. You can simply go with a good set of long tubes and catless like I did. Dont waste money on a cat back. You wont see any real performance benefit by going bigger or cat back system. And if you dont like the sound, you can always swap mufflers. Stainless Works, Kooks and dynatech are probably your best bet for headers.

· Owns 3 GTO's
18,532 Posts
The exhaust is just what you would want for sound, looks, and some performance. I personally swapped out my single sided exhaust for the 05'-06' kit. I bought Kooks catless LT's for the 05'-06', and a Corsa sports for the 05'-06'. Sounds great. The cat back is 2.5, and the headers reduce from 3" back to 2.5 before the cat back. It is a "straight through" exhaust.

· Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Redrum said:
Dude, you have a 2.5" dual exhaust system from the factory. You dont need any more. You can simply go with a good set of long tubes and catless like I did. Dont waste money on a cat back. You wont see any real performance benefit by going bigger or cat back system. And if you dont like the sound, you can always swap mufflers. Stainless Works, Kooks and dynatech are probably your best bet for headers.
do u have a soundclip?

· Registered
280 Posts
Jbss71 said:
cant hide the fact of what they are
Yea, reasonably priced !!

Because without anyone actually installing them, that's all we can go by right now.

And if we only judge by history, I can't believe I bought another Pontiac after I had all those problems with my 1980 sunbird !

· Registered
10,251 Posts
Bigpollack said:
Yea, reasonably priced !!

Because without anyone actually installing them, that's all we can go by right now.

And if we only judge by history, I can't believe I bought another Pontiac after I had all those problems with my 1980 sunbird !
THey are mild steel
Everyone knows stainless steel> mild steel.

· Registered
280 Posts
sappy96 said:
THey are mild steel
Everyone knows stainless steel> mild steel.
Yup, and all Titanium > Stainless Steel
So are all the stainless ones junk ?

Course maybe Frank Zappa's family could design some zircon encrusted ones !
Then they would be > Titanium !

Mild steel would work just fine in my application.
So stainless is just added cost to me.

· Kahuna Bill
723 Posts
bran1093 said:
do u have a soundclip?
Ill see what I can do. Im still in the dark ages as computers go. Ill try to get a buddy of mine to work sumpin up. I love the sound. Sounds very stock (cam aside) at idle, but nice n throaty when you giddy up n go.

· Registered
209 Posts
I just had SLP longtubes with high flow cats and SLP cat-back installed.
You asked for performance, my dyno sheet read 365 whp and 362 wtq. I dont know wheather thats a good gain compared to other manufacturer's longtubes but Im happy and SLP has been around for ever, they dont mess around with research and developement either so you know its good quality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.