LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen several people post that they're getting GTOs for 26.5k to 27.5k-is this with the rebate ($3500) taken off the price? So are you buying the car for 30-31k and then deducting the rebate to get your final price? Not trying to offend anyone but I can't find a dealer that will come anywhere close to those prices. Would be happy to fly from NW Florida to anywhere for a good deal. Thanks for the help.

·
Old GTO Owner
2,812 Posts
$29K here in MA.

·
Registered
629 Posts
wow, they're not shy. I think this is going to happen with a lot of dealers, especially ones with 20 cars deep. Thanks for the post.

·
Seriously?
1,567 Posts
dammmmm

·
Seriously?
1,567 Posts
WickedGoat said:
Jeez, I just quoted myself...........

I just got a reply email from them........ Does anyone think it would be unfair of me to post the reply?

It's not as great a deal as it looks, but still better than what I have come up with.

Matt

·
Baaaaa!
80 Posts
mrgto said:
$29K here in MA.
I am shopping too. In East TX/Houston here's 3 quotes from buypower managers in my area:

$25690 AFTER REBATE
$27913 AFTER REBATE
$26500 AFTER REBATE

·
Registered
97 Posts
cavu said:
I am shopping too. In East TX/Houston here's 3 quotes from buypower managers in my area:

$25690 AFTER REBATE
$27913 AFTER REBATE
$26500 AFTER REBATE
Those sound really great. If I didn't live in NY, I would have taken those deals. But with the cost of getting it home, it was better for me to buy an hour or so from my home rather than ship or fly and drive home. Though I was seriously considering doing something like that for a "fun" cross country trip :)

-Chris

·
2004 Torrid Red GTO
1,119 Posts
at the end of the model year, you should be able to go bone invoice before rebates. For me, the sale was contingent on it! Baybe things are just different here in so. cal...the most I saw a dealer here have on the lot at any point is maybe 6 cars. If your dealers in the midwest have 20+ I can't understand why the would want to get anything over invoice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are 2 advertised in the LA Times this morning for $24388. I called both dealers when they opened this morning and they are both sold. Most of you are aware of this loss leader shell game, but it seems to me that you should be able to get close to these prices at other dealers with inventory sitting around. All you can do is make an offer and stick to it , if they let you walk, so be it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
formul8 said:
I can do $31,500 on an automatic and $31,375 on a manual, then minus the rebate if you finance through GMAC.

Feel free to call or email me.

where r u located at? chicago i'm hoping........

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
gsstage1 said:
There are 2 advertised in the LA Times this morning for $24388. I called both dealers when they opened this morning and they are both sold. Most of you are aware of this loss leader shell game, but it seems to me that you should be able to get close to these prices at other dealers with inventory sitting around. All you can do is make an offer and stick to it , if they let you walk, so be it.
do you have any blue/blue M6 or can u get one?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Was in Palmdale, CA this weekend and the Yellow M6 that has been sitting on their lot for quite a while was on sale for $24,900

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
ydtrack said:
Was in Palmdale, CA this weekend and the Yellow M6 that has been sitting on their lot for quite a while was on sale for $24,900

they had it advertised for that? how did u see it, like did they have $24,900 on the car??

·
$30,000? ...Paint Optional?!?
3,495 Posts
Dont forget to factor in your trade in value, and I wouldnt count on anything
these dealers are giving for prices without being as close to signing as you
can get. They love to play the bait them then screw them game....

·
$30,000? ...Paint Optional?!?
3,495 Posts
JS1965 said:
So I walk out and move on to another dealer.
These 04's will go cheap in another 4 to 8 weeks.
I wouldnt get so greedy that you end up without one, these cars are well
worth the prices you can get right now. But if delears start seeing their
sales numbers going up on these, they arent about to get desperate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts