LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
powerplantmech
274 Posts
im sure id get the same answer.

guarantee the dealerships here wouldnt go out of their way to find out the key code especially if you werent buying anything from them
A couple of years ago I went to a local Chev dealer and explained how needed the key card info since I didn't have it. After going back and forth, explaining what it was and how to get, a tech gets me the print of everything. Ignition key code, glove box, radio and all. Cost me ½ hr of shop time but money well spent. I made multiple copies and even took a picture of it so itcwill never be lost. I believe the got it off of the GM VIS system. Don't quote me on that though.

Reactions: GTOAT

·
'05 PBM M6/K3 GSX-R1000
260 Posts
Just tried that link - listing has ended...
Wow man.... raress might have sold out of his whole Holden stock.... Maybe try PMing him on here and see if per-chance he has some unspoken for remaining?

I suppose now no-one on the interwebz has new OEM FOBs for sale anymore?

Good lord, I lucked out in that case as I bought mine from him about 2 months ago and my car was, according to my local dealer, paper-weight without the FOB. :(

·
GTOless
7,189 Posts
I have more, just don’t have them listed right now. Just pm me on here and I will take care of you.

Reactions: GTOAT

·
Registered
06 Torrid Red M6
155 Posts
Thanks!

I know dealers used to be able to get the key code for the car but it took a competent dealership. They can cut it based off the key you have now and it should be ok. I have aftermarket and oem blanks, I push people towards the oem blank. Most others selling the keys only sell aftermarket.
I'm in the process of purchasing another '06. I'm already not trusting the fob(s) will last long. Going to PM you.

·
Administrator
9,561 Posts
GM 92123128 Sun Load Temperature Sensor Assembly, but they are very hard to find.
For clarification this unit incorporates both the sun load sensor for the AC and the radio receiver for the remotes. It's located at the front center of the dash at the base of the windshield, between the defroster grilles.
Make sure you do not have anything sitting on top of the dash in that area, especially if there is any metal in whatever it is, as it will block the RF from the remotes and reduce their already terrible range to nothing.

·
Registered
168 Posts
GM 92123128 Sun Load Temperature Sensor Assembly, but they are very hard to find.
For clarification this unit incorporates both the sun load sensor for the AC and the radio receiver for the remotes. It's located at the front center of the dash at the base of the windshield, between the defroster grilles.
Make sure you do not have anything sitting on top of the dash in that area, especially if there is any metal in whatever it is, as it will block the RF from the remotes and reduce their already terrible range to nothing.
Does this part require programming to link it to the other boxes?

Since I made this post, the car locked/unlocked once but that was it, it laughs at me when I push the buttons now.

·
1 of 262
10,363 Posts
Does this part require programming to link it to the other boxes?

Since I made this post, the car locked/unlocked once but that was it, it laughs at me when I push the buttons now.
It does not need programing, but it's very hard to find one. Have you tried disconnecting the battery for a while because sometimes it will correct it self and it's worth a try.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts