LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Old GTO Owner
Joined
·
2,812 Posts
Those look like the old Hurst Wheels. Bad Ass. Best wheels for the '04 I have seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrgto said:
Those look like the old Hurst Wheels. Bad Ass. Best wheels for the '04 I have seen.
That's exactly what I thought when I first seen them, looks like a modern version of the Hurst wheel! :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
mrgto said:
Those look like the old Hurst Wheels. Bad Ass. Best wheels for the '04 I have seen.
And that's exactly why I put them on my Goat. Besides Intro makes a killer wheel, top quality! The "suede" finish (as they call it) in the spoke is very different. Check out the current Group Purchade I have going on for these!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Howie said:
And that's exactly why I put them on my Goat. Besides Intro makes a killer wheel, top quality! The "suede" finish (as they call it) in the spoke is very different. Check out the current Group Purchade I have going on for these!!
Howie,

That's very cool. Thanks for posting.

I notice that most of your wheels have an American 'street rod' look to them. If I get a GTO, however, I want to take the rear wing off and give it more of a smooth, Euro look (think: BMW). Can you (or anyone else) recommend anything?

My favorite is five double spokes, a bit like the 'Champion' wheel on your web site. I also like the Malibu. They are both so BRIGHT though. I like understated.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
CrispieGee said:
Howie,

That's very cool. Thanks for posting.

I notice that most of your wheels have an American 'street rod' look to them. If I get a GTO, however, I want to take the rear wing off and give it more of a smooth, Euro look (think: BMW). Can you (or anyone else) recommend anything?

My favorite is five double spokes, a bit like the 'Champion' wheel on your web site. I also like the Malibu. They are both so BRIGHT though. I like understated.
Then you'd probably be interested in the ROH wheels we carry. They have more of modern look to them. DY got a set of the ROH Strada's in black ice finish for his Goat.
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
Howie said:
Then you'd probably be interested in the ROH wheels we carry. They have more of modern look to them. DY got a set of the ROH Strada's in black ice finish for his Goat.
Any pics or links?
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
Very nice indeed. They look very lightweight. Might really sing on the black too. PM me with the price if you don't want to post it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
DevilYellow said:
Devil, that's EXACTLY the kind of wheel that I want. EXACTLY!!

I must compliment you on your taste in wheels, and it will look outstanding on your yellow goat. I'm thinking about an '05, and I hate to get the same color as everyone else, but I'm thinking Impulse Blue. The yellow is great, except that it advertises to the cops.

What size are you getting those wheels in? I want 17 inchers, since I'm in Buffalo (somewhat broken roads).

Those wheels, combined with a ducktail spoiler to replace the rear wing, will give it the sleek European look that I want. I also might get some Holden or Vauxhall badges.

:bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub :bubbrub
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
The Strada's are only available in 18's. If you'd like a $ quote shoot me a Pm or email. Thanks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
504 Posts
I can get you a set of one of Intro's newest wheels and they're available in 17".



Remeber the group purchase is for any 18" Intro wheel in the exposed series not just Vistas!!

http://www.introwheels.com/w_exposed.asp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Howie,

I'm bummed, because I really like the Strada, but 18" wheels are not sensible on our roads -- too easy to bend them on ultra-low profile tires. (I already have two dinged wheels on my Avenger, which has conservative 215/50/17 tires.)

I've seen other manufacturers with wheels that look like the Strada. Does anyone have any suggestions on a company that has that style in a 17?

Thanks,
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
The Intro's are just polished, no clear coat right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
267 Posts
How much do all these various wheel options weigh? in 17 or 18"

I have the Centerline RPMs in Black on my GTX and they are 13 lb. Great for drag racing.

I think the Black would look nice on the Impluse Blue GTO, I am too lazy to keep polished / chrome wheels looking nice.
Are there going to be any light weight wheels in Black. I like those ROH ones, but they are way out of my $ range.
 

·
May I quote you on that?
Joined
·
22,046 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about weights. I wonder how light is "too light" for the typical abuse of street driving?
 

·
Yellow Goat
Joined
·
410 Posts
I'm putting these on my yellow GTO. I have 18x9 and 18x8 with 275 in the back and 245 in the front. They are custom made so I still have over 3 weeks to wait.

 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top