LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
don't have a goat yet, but if the gods be pleased and the stars are aligned, there may be one in the driveway soon enough. i've been browsing and searching these forums for quite some time now. i give thanks to the board and the members for the wealth of information.

i love the staggered look, and i have to wipe my keyboard everytime i see the beyern 5's in 18X8.5 matched with 18X9.5. i understand the rubbing is unavoidable unless you trim/roll the fenders. now the twist, has anyone successfully matched this setup (or, the staggered AZA's w/the same 40 offset fr, and 45 offset rr) with the Serious Street package from pedders? i'm concerned about the drop. if not, how about with just the Street II setup?

in a perfect world, i would like the staggered w/the serious street, but if it just ain't gonna happen, then it looks like a set of 4 18X8.5s will be in the future.

of course...this is still dependent on the actual GTO purchase.;)

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
get an ls2 goat w/ staggered beyerns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
i'd say don't do the drop..get the no drop pedders package

·
TACHNUP
2,310 Posts
A drop would be a probably be no-go on my car with 18x8.5 (245/40-18) and 18x9.5 (275/35-18) Beyerns. Front might be doable (looks iffy), but the back needs the "drag bags" to keep from rubbing. Fender lip is trimmed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have eibachs and have 18x9.5 with 45mm offset with 265 35 18 bfg tires and have no problems.had to cut a very small amount off the fender lips but would have had do it even if i didnt have eibachs on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
A drop would be a probably be no-go on my car with 18x8.5 (245/40-18) and 18x9.5 (275/35-18) Beyerns. Front might be doable (looks iffy), but the back needs the "drag bags" to keep from rubbing. Fender lip is trimmed.

I've got the same setup on my 05. I went with the KDW NT same size's as you. I ended up cutting my fenders and I still get rub on my rear passenger side. Ordered my drag bags and waiting on them now. But the staggered look rox.

·
Registered
407 Posts
GTOKrockett said:
don't have a goat yet, but if the gods be pleased and the stars are aligned, there may be one in the driveway soon enough. i've been browsing and searching these forums for quite some time now. i give thanks to the board and the members for the wealth of information.

i love the staggered look, and i have to wipe my keyboard everytime i see the beyern 5's in 18X8.5 matched with 18X9.5. i understand the rubbing is unavoidable unless you trim/roll the fenders. now the twist, has anyone successfully matched this setup (or, the staggered AZA's w/the same 40 offset fr, and 45 offset rr) with the Serious Street package from pedders? i'm concerned about the drop. if not, how about with just the Street II setup?

in a perfect world, i would like the staggered w/the serious street, but if it just ain't gonna happen, then it looks like a set of 4 18X8.5s will be in the future.

of course...this is still dependent on the actual GTO purchase.;)
I had the exact set up Beyern's that you like (with toyo t1r's, 275 in back), they looked great btw, but when I went with the pedders set up with 1" front drop and 1/2" rear, there was no way it was going to fit in the back. I did grind my fender lips, had to do this with the stock springs to get them to fit, but after the drop and proper rear alignment it still rubbed. The rubbing actually was happening toward the back of the wheel opening at the point the metal meets the plastic rear bumper cover. There was no way to fix it so I am now running the 18x8.5's Beyern 5's all the way around. If you go with the stock height pedders you should be fine with the staggered set up and a good fender roll or grind.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks dci, your issues are inline with my apprehensions. thanks for being the guinea pig. ;)

tough decision to make now...lowered stance or staggered rims.

·
RIP
7,541 Posts
The questions I have for you are:
1. Have you driven lowered cars before?
2. Can you judge where the front of the car is so you don't rip up the nose?
3. Do you plan on putting headers on your car?
4. Where do you live? Are the roads nice or crappy? Do you have the rain ditch/gutter things going accross intersections?

I just put a 245/40 on the front of my car and didn't like how much it lowered it. The underside of my nose is scatched up a whole lot. I have hit my headers on big speed bumps. I went up to a 255/40r17 in the front and 275/40r17 rear to lift it back up a little bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jon6.0 said:
The questions I have for you are:
1. Have you driven lowered cars before?
2. Can you judge where the front of the car is so you don't rip up the nose?
3. Do you plan on putting headers on your car?
4. Where do you live? Are the roads nice or crappy? Do you have the rain ditch/gutter things going accross intersections?

I just put a 245/40 on the front of my car and didn't like how much it lowered it. The underside of my nose is scatched up a whole lot. I have hit my headers on big speed bumps. I went up to a 255/40r17 in the front and 275/40r17 rear to lift it back up a little bit.
1) Yes, my current vehicle is lowered
2) Yes
3) Undecided, but my magic 8-ball says, "Signs point to yes."
4) Sunny SoCal where the roads are nice AND crappy. Rain, what's rain? :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HotRodGuy said:
Just do it man, we'll both buy the KW V3's and say F' the beryens :)
baby steps, gotta get the ride first. i am tempted to just go ahead and buy a GMM Ripshift, just to give me that "might as well" excuse to buy the goat.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
I love mine..

·
04 A4
496 Posts
GTOKrockett said:
baby steps, gotta get the ride first. i am tempted to just go ahead and buy a GMM Ripshift, just to give me that "might as well" excuse to buy the goat.
go get an airfreshner. logically, you have to have a car to go with it... :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts