LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this spoiler? I am thinking about getting it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The see thru part with bracing, is practical. My dream spoiler is a 4 x 8 ft polycarbonate sheet, held in place with duct tape and additionally supported with duct tape running from my roof back to it.
If you like it, buy it! Opinions are like @ssholes, everybody has one, I have and will always like Ducktail Spoilers (Quack, Quack!).

·
Registered
676 Posts
That looks like ass.

90% of cosmetic (i.e...exterior accessories) scream "I dont know how to make my car faster or handle better, so I did this instead".

My advice would be to put your money into new Radius Rod Bushings, new coil springs or a front-facing Cold Air Intake (OTRCAI).

You'll get benefits from these, learn something and never have your car confused with a Honda. Win-Win-Win situation?

·
Premium Member
35,704 Posts
it doesn't look bad, it just looks like it fits into a certain type of crowd. like the guys who have splitters with those support rods and use those quick release bumper fasteners. which are just rubber bands around two billet aluminum thingies. but yeah, some guys think those are cool.

just don't end up with a lot of camber. please. that goes beyond taste into the realm of being unsafe.

·
Premium Member
35,704 Posts
That looks like ass.

90% of cosmetic (i.e...exterior accessories) scream "I dont know how to make my car faster or handle better, so I did this instead".

My advice would be to put your money into new Radius Rod Bushings, new coil springs or a front-facing Cold Air Intake (OTRCAI).

You'll get benefits from these, learn something and never have your car confused with a Honda. Win-Win-Win situation?
but they're already confused with cavaliers and grand ams? just so long as it's not a honda?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
but they're already confused with cavaliers and grand ams? just so long as it's not a honda?
I guess because the rice started with hondas first? Or maybe they started out being the most popular rice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like this one that someone did a one ff a lot better. One of my sheet metal friends here in base is going to use my GTO as a "test vehicle" to try making spoilers and splitters and other things for when he gets out.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Almost 10 years with the GTO and I am still on stock ride height and suspension except for a few bushing mos, so no crazy camber here. I have just now slowly started getting into the game of cosmetic mods as I move aside from performance. Still have a ton of performance things I want to do, but just branching out on ideas to make my GTO different and stand out within my own personal tastes.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,011 Posts
That's a very Camaro/Corvette looking part. I want to like it but I'm sure it's not functional and looks like a hazard for people behind you if you actually go nnn-MPH.
Prove me wrong so I can justify buying it.

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,011 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts