LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok people. I noticed something really bizarre with my gauges on my drive to work a few minutes ago so I figured I'd see if anyone else has had this problem.

First, my temperature and fuel gauges were REVERSED - the temp read just above the red zone (equivalent to 1/4 tank used on the fuel gauge), and the fuel gauge read just below half where my temp gauge normally sits.

Then, after that, I noticed that my analog and digital speedometer readings didn't match. They were off ~10mph.

When I turned the car off, neither the fuel nor temp gauges went down to 0 - they both sat about 1/2 scale. Then I turned the car on again and the fuel gauge was ok, but the temp gauge was still weird, so I turned it off again, and the fuel gauge went to 0 like usual but the temp gauge still stayed above zero, so I turned the car on again and it all seemed normal (save the speedo since I wasn't driving around @ that point).

Anyone else seen this? I do so love gremlins.

·
Feynman fan
2,336 Posts
Elves, I think. One of them got in my tach a few days ago - momentary panic when I glanced down during a hard lunge towards highway speeds and saw that I was turning 7k RPM! Did that goofy "5.5k baseline and drop 1k w/ each ignition cycle" thing. This is after an IC replacement due to speedo weirdness, mind you...

·
Got V8
241 Posts
Kinda like this,lol. I was in a parking lot idleing when I took this pic. Take a close look at the temp gauge too it should be almost at the half way mark, I just turned the key on and off about 3-4 times and all was good but for how long no one knows. It really bugs me to have problems like this with a car that has 1500 miles and I've already had the "no reason" overheating beep too.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
its a common issue unfortunately. but it seems that it is infrequent enought to trace or worry about .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts