LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ricer phase
9,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced a black 97 cobra with 4.30 gears and drag radials and a few bolt ons last night a couple times and from a roll our cars are pretty even but from a stop he gets me retarded and I could never pull.

We got pulled over clocked doing 115 for him and 120 for me and I guess the 4 cops that showed up just didn't want to do paperwork cause we got tickets for 75 in a 45 and got extremely lucky.

His car had track numbers on the back, and mine has the license plate "run em"

but we were honest and he was a great guy (seriously, how can you NOT like a guy who didn't take ya to jail) so it was an eventful night last night.

Caleb

·
Registered
582 Posts
good runs, and lucky. i've gotten lucky with cops that way before on the 5 north going to San Fran. almost same type of deal. did about 130+ then slowed to about 90 to prep to exit. exited to gas station, and, as i did so, there's flashing lights in the rear view mirror --from out of nowhere.

pull to get gas, cop lets me get out and get gas. he says i was doing "well over 100 and could take my license away and make it difficult to get insurance again..." but we got to changing the subject and he commuted it to 85 in a 65. way nice to me.

cheers.

·
Buckethead
2,043 Posts
my best friend's brother has one. Claiming 11's. He has gone through 4 tranny's in 4 months, and has the motor completly re-done with a 250 shot of nitrous (all his claims)

Can't wait to run him. Should be fun. I've known him since he was small, and he's a great guy.

·
Banned
640 Posts
Dalm ur lucky!! knock on wood I have not been caught yet! well racing that is. Ive been in 5 Doing over 130.. I guess Im lucky. But I did manage to get a ticket the second day I had the car...lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts