LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i didnt even know that they made the srt10 ext. cab, anyways on my way home from work tonite at around 2AM, im on the freeway cruising at like 65, and this AXXhole is on my ass, he comes up next to me and gives me the thumbs down followed by flipping me off, anyways i give him the number 1 back and he starts to give the hand gesture to run him, im like whatever dude, since ive only had the car a few days. im kinda playing hard to get, but i knew if he kept it up i was gonna be game, so we slow down to around 35mph on the 94 here in San Diego around 28th and i decide "**** it" im gonna see what the Goat will do, short and sweet i took off like a bat from hell,his headlights kept getting smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror,I got it up to around 115 and i decide to let off, which is good because there was a chippie on the 94 and the 805 offramp just sitting there. anyways my first kill with the Goat and i am very happy.anybody know what them SRT10 ext. cabs run?:eek2:

·
Just here for the infractions
275 Posts
I dont know what those trucks run but you were LUCKY tonight. I was on the 5 and the 8 out near you between 1 and 2 am, and they were all over the place pulling peeps over. One trailed me for about a mile luckily I had been going 70 all night and only drive sober. I think it was a DUI sweep with the way they were trailing cars one after another.

·
9 Second Club
14,784 Posts
Phantom06 said:
anybody know what them SRT10 ext. cabs run?:eek2:
I saw a well driven one running about 8.7 on the 1/8th mile. Mid to low 13s is my guess. He was running right with a Ford Lightning that had a few mods. Great kill, also, were you minding your own business (MMOB)? Its a tradition around here to say you were or weren't in a kill post :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I've had the SRT -10 1500( Reg. Cab ) and they are quick but the Goat should take them. The thing about the SRT -10 is the 8-9mpg you get. I had to fill it up about every 3 days but they are fun. I like the GTO better.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
That's a good kill. I ran a reg cab srt10 when I was stock. I edged him out on the street and kept pulling him on top. Never ran the excab but the reg cab is quick too.

And yes......there is a DUI sweep (CHP) this weekend because of the thunderboat event.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The SRT-10 Ram reg cab short box has the Viper V-10 with a 6-spd
The SRT-10 Ram Ext cab has the Viper V-10 with an automatic

I talked with a guy who has had several SRT-10 Rams and he said he still liked his Lightning better. He said the Viper V-10 was a neat idea but it doesn't run like his Lightning. I would have to agree that the Lightning is better, since I own one :stickpoke

Since I've heard finding rims that will fit over the rear brakes on the SRT-10 Ram makes it almost impossible to get drag radials or slicks on there I would think they are going to run real slow times at the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts